Questions about the IPV 4s... volts, watts and jouls... ohm my?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmtorres1

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2015
So here is the deal... I going over the specs of the ipv 4S and found this description:

iPV4S 120W TC Temperature Control mod by pioneer4you
The iPV4S 120W Box Mod by Pioneer4you is the upgraded platform to the iPV4, integrating the new YiHi SX330-V4SL, now capable of 120W output, Ni200 Nickel and Ti Titanium based temperature modes. Keeping in line with maintaining the ergonomics of the iPV4 platform, the iPV4S now features a 20% boost to top end wattage power to 120W, easily powering today's most popular Sub-Ohm Tanks and RBAs. The iPV4S now fully supports dual mode Ni 200 Nickel and Ti Titanium built atomizers in Joule Mode, giving it the versatility of standard wattage coupled with advanced temperature control abilities. Constructed out of aluminum and rubberized materials, the iPV4S maintains the ergonomic fit and feel of it's predecessor, utilizing a magnetized removable door in a horizontal C frame shape. Affordability, power, and versatility, the hallmark of iPV. The iPV4S 120W Box Mod by Pioneer4you

Product Features and Specs:
  • Heavy Duty Aluminum body
  • YiHi SX330-V4SL Chipset
    • 10 to 120W Output Wattage
    • 5 to 50J (Ni200 Nickel)
    • 5 to 100J (Ti Titanium)
    • 100 to 300 Degrees Centigrade
    • 212 to 572 Degrees Fahrenheit
    • 1.0 to 7.0V Output Voltage
    • 0.1 to 3.0 Ohm Minimum Kanthal Built Atomizer Resistance
    • 0.12 to 1.0 Ohm Minimum Ni200 Nickel and Ti Titanium Built Atomizer Resistance
  • Utilizes Two 18650 batteries (Sold Separately)
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Battery Low Voltage Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Temperature Overheat Protection
  • Output Short Circuit Protection
For a relative newbie like me, this is totally confusing... I was just about to get to understanding some of the jibberjabber that gets thrown at me whenever I go to a B&M, and now there is a completely new variable that I have to read up on... so, I come to the mighty oracle of ECF to help find some sort of complete idiot's guide to joules, ohms, watts, volts, amps and the like...

Some guidance will be greatly appreciated.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I'll give you a quick rundown, but your best bet is to browse through the forums here, as I am sure there are folks with far greater knowledge.

• 5 to 50J (Ni200 Nickel)
  • 5 to 100J (Ti Titanium)
Titanium grade 1 (Ti1) and Nickel(Ni200) are both used to create temperature limiting coils. You set the temperature, or in the IPV4s case, the joule output. The IPV4 will not allow the Ni200 or Ti1 to heat up beyond that point. Essentially, it saves your wicking material from being burnt, saving you from experiencing a "dry hit".

• Reverse Polarity Protection - Will not destroy the chip if batteries are inserted incorrectly.
  • Battery Low Voltage Protection - Mod will not fire if battery voltage drops to unhealthy levels.
  • Low Resistance Protection - Mod will not fire if the atomizer's resistance is less than .1Ω.
  • Low Voltage Protection - Mod will shut off if voltage from batteries drops to unsafe levels.
  • Temperature Overheat Protection - Mod will shut off if the chip reaches an unsafe temperature.

Reactions: vmtorres1

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
    • Low Resistance Protection - Mod will not fire if the atomizer's resistance is less than .1Ω.
    • Low Voltage Protection - Mod will shut off if voltage from batteries drops to unsafe levels.
    • Temperature Overheat Protection - Mod will shut off if the chip reaches an unsafe temperature.

The text in pink only applies to non-temp control coils. Temp control can go down to .05.

Reactions: haleysdadda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread