Questions about RBA Tanks and what are some Really Good RBA Tank's 40 bucks and under

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesaMitch

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2013
Hayward ca
Hey guys im new to making coils. doing decent im practicing making coils with my kanger pro tank so i can get a RBA tank

looking for some Really good RBA tank's for a cheaper price.
i definitely want one that doesn't leak at all
and i also love airy draws like the pro tank
i want a z atty pro but don't want to spend 150, my provari mini was only 175
even 50 dollar rba is fine don't wanna spend more then 60 though

i also wanted to know does a RBA Tank taste / feel like a dripping atomizer ??

i love dripping and if a RBA tank taste's and feels like a atomizer i will love it only reason i have been wanting one because i am thinking its the closest thing to dripping

Thank's guys and i appreciate any comments back
Thanks!

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I've done some research and although I haven't tried any, I am about to pull the trigger on an RSST. I've seen the you tube reviews about the AGA-T, T2's etc and for the ~$30, I just haven't seen anything that is as newbie friendly that gives a reported vape as good as the RSST.

The only other option I see around is maybe a bulldog, but I think I'm just going to have to be done with it and get an RSST.

Unless someone else has another idea?

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
For a new guy RSST maybe even a pro. But you may want to wait as I hear that there is a glass tank version of the RSST coming out. The current model is plastic and plastic melts. I have an AGA T with a glass upgrade and I love it. Just put in a ceramic wick. Loads of vapor. But when/if the RSST comes out in glass I may just get one. Thing that is unusual about the RSST is that it has an Insulated Wick hole. If you do a half way good job on it you won't get hot spots even with SS mesh.

bfitz

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2013
ohio
I have the aga-t2 and the rsst. Between the two I like the aga better, but they aren't that different so you really can't go wrong. As far as dripping I don't think they taste the same. If you are looking for that kind of taste in a rebuildable I would recommend the igo-l or s. Really just depends on how annoying carrying a bottle of juice is to you. I really like dripping rebuildables so they get more attention than my tanks but they still are not as good as a 306, in my opinion.

I am sure others will have a different opinion, that's what makes this fun.

MesaMitch

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2013
Hayward ca
I have the aga-t2 and the rsst. Between the two I like the aga better, but they aren't that different so you really can't go wrong. As far as dripping I don't think they taste the same. If you are looking for that kind of taste in a rebuildable I would recommend the igo-l or s. Really just depends on how annoying carrying a bottle of juice is to you. I really like dripping rebuildables so they get more attention than my tanks but they still are not as good as a 306, in my opinion.

I am sure others will have a different opinion, that's what makes this fun.

Which one has more of a airy draw I can't stand iclear 30's and cartos because of the draw I want something more like a protank

Which tank between the rsst and the aga t2 has more airy of a draw I'm hoping your gonna say the aga t2 lol

Thanks buddy for replying

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The only RBA I have experience with is the AGA-T2, of which I have two. I just started dripping again after several months of using cartotanks almost exclusively (and the AGAs), and just bought my first inexpensive bottom feeder in the VMod-XL.

There's no comparison between the AGAs and dripping (or a bottom feeder). Completely different animals. I prefer the RBA's hands down when they are performing optimally. But in my experience they require a lot of maintanence to keep them consistant and reliable. Are they worth it - most definitely yes. But they can be extremely frustrating in the beginning. Definitely a learning curve.

I don't do ULR coils, because of safety concerns. I use a 30g wire with 2.0 ohm as my target, I've gotten pretty consistant and good with that part. The hardest part for me was rolling the SS mesh into a nice even wick. I finally have settled on purchasing inexpensive (to me at least) pre-rolled wicks from Vapor Kings Rebuildable atomizers which has worked well for me.

I test coil resistance on the Provari, and do incremental pulse oxidation of the coils with the Provari like Zen teaches in his ZAP tutorial. I have used LR coils on my Silver Bullet, but I prefer the vape I get with a 2.0 ohm coil on my two Provari's.

I have enlarged the air hole in the top cap of one of the AGA-Ts (a noticeable improvement in the draw) and mean to enlarge the hole in the other one at some point. I have not seen the need to enlarge the wick hole as PBusardo has done in his AGA-Ts.

To my knowledge, ALL Genesis-style RBA tanks will leak if not kept upright. It's just the nature of the beast. If you keep the juice fill hole's screw in place, they will not leak as much, but this IMO affects the draw adversely so I keep mine out and reserve their use for at-home vaping.
___

I've had several people request that I do an RBA tutorial like I did for cartotanks in my blog. I don't feel qualified yet to do a tutorial as I'm nowhere close to being an expert. I'm still a student. But I have formed some opinions, tips and advice, and have accumulated some very fundamental informational resources that vapors can use to prepare themselves for their adventure into Rebuildable Atomizers.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-tips-vapors-looking-try-their-first-rba.html

I appreciate any comments or advice to make the guide better. As I said, it is not meant to be a tutorial, but more of an information resource. Thanks in advance.

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg

Last edited:

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
I have a RSST and an AGI, for begginers the RSST is much easier to setup than the AGI. Don't get me wrong, i prefer the AGI because of the glass tank :p but the drip well adds another layer of complexity when you have to make a coil.

Regarding taste i would rank my IGO-L first, AGI/RSST second and my iclears in third place. The fact that i'm using ekowool on the IGO might be why i seem to get more flavor out of it.

For a new guy RSST maybe even a pro. But you may want to wait as I hear that there is a glass tank version of the RSST coming out. The current model is plastic and plastic melts. I have an AGA T with a glass upgrade and I love it. Just put in a ceramic wick. Loads of vapor. But when/if the RSST comes out in glass I may just get one. Thing that is unusual about the RSST is that it has an Insulated Wick hole. If you do a half way good job on it you won't get hot spots even with SS mesh.

Can you just put the wick inside the tank and not use mesh? Will that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread