Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
If you paid 200 or so for it I'd say it possibly has a dna chip in it.
There are several hana clones out there now. I think hcigar has one.
I got my cloupor from Gotvapes.Com. I paid a little more for it, but that was when every other site was back ordered.
I think the vendor slapping a battery in it is great for the consumer!

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
I got my cloupor from Gotvapes.Com. I paid a little more for it, but that was when every other site was back ordered.
I think it's funny that other companies are now selling clones of the clone, and calling it by the clone name.

I ordered from the same site as the OP (Aspen Valley Vapes). They had a 10% off sale over the weekend. I'm hoping that since they put a battery in, maybe they also test it some to make sure there aren't any major issues.

I do think you are correct in assuming that the OP's is a clone of a clouper clone. I should have mine in a couple days, so I'll see if mine is the same as his or something different.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I think it's funny that other companies are now selling clones of the clone, and calling it by the clone name.

I ordered from the same site as the OP (Aspen Valley Vapes). They had a 10% off sale over the weekend. I'm hoping that since they put a battery in, maybe they also test it some to make sure there aren't any major issues.

I do think you are correct in assuming that the OP's is a clone of a clouper clone. I should have mine in a couple days, so I'll see if mine is the same as his or something different.
The demand for the cloupor DNA clone has been really high, I'm not surprised other clones are coming in to fill the demand. I hear the hcigar ones aren't quite as good, but that's only from one or two stories I've read on here.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
I'm hoping that since they put a battery in, maybe they also test it some to make sure there aren't any major issues.

Im thinking the same is that they simply tested and played with them. When I called Aspen Valley Vapes the guy told me if I wanted a refund that he'd be happy to issue one and I said my main concern is whether it's a legit Cloupor and if not who makes it and where it comes from. I did ask if they received them from FastTech and confirmed they do not deal with FastTech. He told me he would get the supplier/manufacturers name for me and get back in contact with me. He took down my name and phone number so waiting to hear back. :)

Be sure to keep us all posted on your purchase from Aspen Valley Vapes. I can confirm its worked in every way so far with no problems. No jumping of watts or nothing. As I said previously my 510 pin is smller and brass so that for sure is an upgrade compared to some Cloupor DNA 30's or other clones on the market with bad 510's. Aspen Valley Vapes does list on their website it's the updated version with a fix to the 510 and more.

Last edited:

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
The packaging box looks like mine I live in the Netherlands and ordered a clone from Germany. It's listed as a KSD mod, the manufactorer from the vamo. Hope that helps.

Thanks for confirming yours came in the same box and everything. If mine is made by KSD those who make the Vamo then I'm not as worried and feel better. Does your innards/inside look the same?

And most of all how are you liking it? And is your 510 post/pin brass and is the center pin smaller? Thanks :)

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

Ha ha , trust me , nobody is cloning the Cloupor version , it's called a Cana because of the C , standing for Cloupor . The original that everybody copied is" Hana mods" . Cloupor is just another manufacturer who copied Hana mods , they are no better than any other clone .

There is a ton of Hana clones on the market ranging in price from the mid $40.00 range up to about $100.00 and they all are decent clones.

They are all just cloned chips with minor differences in design from the Evolve board , these chips are a dime a dozen and none perform on par with the real ones, they are close enough for most people though .

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
Ha ha , trust me , nobody is cloning the Cloupor version , it's called a Cana because of the C , standing for Cloupor . The original that everybody copied is" Hana mods" . Cloupor is just another manufacturer who copied Hana mods...

I realize that the original is the Hana. What I meant is that it seems that other clones are being marketed as Clouper and they're not...thus the clones of a clone comment.

Fleksie

Sep 2, 2014
Europe
Thanks for confirming yours came in the same box and everything. If mine is made by KSD those who make the Vamo then I'm not as worried and feel better. Does your innards/inside look the same?

And most of all how are you liking it? And is your 510 post/pin brass and is the center pin smaller? Thanks :)

From what I can see on the pics, the inside looks the same except I don't have the stickers. The shop where I bought it tests and checks the inside before sending it out.

I used an MVP before and I can say I barely use it now So yeah I like the Hana clone. Center pin is small not spring loaded. I use a flat airflow adapter for protection of the treading and the pin.

Also no jumping watts when charging, downside is there is no hole for the led so I can only see a faint red ligt at the USB connector. Furthermore mine does not turn green when it's fully charged.

But imho when the seller advertises this as a Cloupor he shouldn't sell you another brand.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
From what I can see on the pics, the inside looks the same except I don't have the stickers. The shop where I bought it tests and checks the inside before sending it out.

I used an MVP before and I can say I barely use it now So yeah I like the Hana clone. Center pin is small not spring loaded. I use a flat airflow adapter for protection of the treading and the pin.

Also no jumping watts when charging, downside is there is no hole for the led so I can only see a faint red ligt at the USB connector. Furthermore mine does not turn green when it's fully charged.

But imho when the seller advertises this as a Cloupor he shouldn't sell you another brand.

Yeah when I plug up I get the faint red light but once I leave it a while after the battery shows full on the display the red light will turn from red to green. The green light is harder to see of course because my DNA is green itself but it's seen if I look closely enough.

Yes I agree the seller should have not listed thus as a Cloupor unless it was but many places sale to shops in the US claiming them to be Cloupor when their not. But in this case the KSD could be better than Cloupor. Because to be honest I've noticed no watts jumped while asleep or charging, 510 pin is smaller than the issued ones by Cloupor and it's brass too. My ohms, volts and watts are all reading correctly and nothing I'm concerned with. So I'm just crossing my fingers :) Over my time being a musician I've worked on my own guitar amps, pedals and guitars. I've changed/switched tubes, soldered circuit boards and wiring, replaced capacitors, replaced transformers and more - with this all I can say is its not hard to build, make or create a board/chip. China companies should be able to pull this off easily with no problems so I think most issues are technically not the design or build of these chips but instead quality control when their being built. Nowadays so much is being built in China and in many ways they build better products than the US because the US has lost a lot of its manufacturing. We depend on mostly everything we use nowadays from China and these products work great. So when it comes to things like mods and devices for vaping I think it's the quality control because they are not being stood over by leaders like other companies have that make every day products for the US. Besides rebuilding guitars, amps and pedals I also worked in IT for many years dealing with hardware and software all the time - it's no rocket science.

So with this and being va quality control ordeal I think some of us get lucky with a device that time was taken into being made and maybe it's because that Chinese worker got laid the night before and felt good and happy while whistling at work. Lmao

Last edited:

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS

I also wonder if some of these devices might actually have the real DNA chip because the chip can be bought from Evolv for $50 and you buy the Evolv chip in bulk of 50 for $450 and plus companies can buy in bulk for lot less when buying bigger bulks. So if your buying a clone for $69.99 and the chip is $50 then that's a $20 difference. Not only that but to build the box itself cost way less than $20 and the probably buy the box in bulk for $5 each or less. So if you put all this together it's possible some of these devices could hold a legit chip or one close enough.

This is not saying all clones are legit chips or even close to it but some could but some chips could be non Evolv but as good too. Just because 99% of those until recently had fake chips doesn't mean "all" now are.

Hana Modz doesn't charge $200+ because of anything unique but because they are the original and people love authentic.

Look it makes no sense on Hana Modz part ----->>> http://www.evolvapor.com/shop.php

I wouldn't doubt if Hana Modz had Evolv make the hip appear or look different in some case. I'm not saying that their are clones with fake Evolv chips but saying it's always not the case.

Last edited:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I also wonder if some of these devices might actually have the real DNA chip because the chip can be bought from Evolv for $50 and you buy the Evolv chip in bulk of 50 for $450 and plus companies can buy in bulk for lot less when buying bigger bulks. So if your buying a clone for $69.99 and the chip is $50 then that's a $20 difference. Not only that but to build the box itself cost way less than $20 and the probably buy the box in bulk for $5 each or less. So if you put all this together it's possible some of these devices could hold a legit chip or one close enough.

This is not saying all clones are legit chips or even close to it but some could but some chips could be non Evolv but as good too. Just because 99% of those until recently had fake chips doesn't mean "all" now are.
I agree with your logic, but doubt many, if any, have legit dna chips.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
Exactly and who knows unless we start looking underneath more and more. And honestly this could make some Hana Modz owners upset or not believing it and I understand but yep. I would not believe it or get mad as well if I was an owner of a Hana Modz if I could have got the real chip cheaper. And again I'm not saying it's the case all the time. Plus like I said I wouldn't doubt Hana Modz to have Evolv to make the chip look different for Hana Modz so all others look fake. I mean hell Apple doesn't use just Apple parts and nether does any other computer company and I've seen computer companies have the designers make them look different just to tell them apart.

I mean Hana Modz are known for having issues too and not built solid as well.

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

Hana Modz doesn't charge $200+ because of anything unique but because they are the original and people love authentic.

Look it makes no sense on Hana Modz part ----->>> Evolv LLC - Shop Now

There is not a single (non user installed) authentic DNA 30 in ANY CANA clone sold ANYWHERE, and i'd bet my life on it.

Also regarding the enclosures, if Fasttech is selling them for $20 (albeit w/ $2 worth of buttons) they are definitely more than $5 each at cost.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
There is not a single (non user installed) authentic DNA 30 in ANY CANA clone sold ANYWHERE, and i'd bet my life on it.

Also regarding the enclosures, if Fasttech is selling them for $20 (albeit w/ $2 worth of buttons) they are definitely more than $5 each at cost.

I think your trying to be one sided here but it's possible. How do you know? Are you building them? Plus like I said Evolv could have even constructed a Hana version chip different for the company, I've seen this with computer hardware. Not saying all chips could have been made by Evolv because I'm sure their are a lot of cloned chips but think for a minute. I think you don't want to fathom it could be possible here but it's very possible. Happens all the time in computers and electronics. Even with car parts.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
I think your trying to be one sided here but it's possible. How do you know? Are you building them? Plus like I said Evolv could have even constructed a Hana version chip different for the company, I've seen this with computer hardware. Not saying all chips could have been made by Evolv because I'm sure their are a lot of cloned chips but think for a minute. I think you don't want to fathom it could be possible here but it's very possible. Happens all the time in computers and electronics. Even with car parts.

I don't know if you realize this, but some of us are quite obsessed with vaping and the happenings in the industry.

If it happened, someone on this forum would've found out, and naturally the rest of us would've found out.

Evolv has never partnered with a chinese manufacturer until recently when they paired up with Innokin to develop a new proprietary chip.

In fact Evolv is INCREDIBLY outspoken about how they had NOTHING to do with the DNA chips in the clone Hanas, and (if you watch the interviews) are incredibly annoyed, not with the fact they were cloned, but because they were cloned "so poorly".

None of the Cana's (at least from the factory) had authentic DNA's in them, and the clones are different board layout wise, so there should be no confusion possible.

Now back to vaping on my good old first round Cloupor Cana.:vapor:

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
I don't know if you realize this, but some of us are quite obsessed with vaping and the happenings in the industry.

If it happened, someone on this forum would've found out, and naturally the rest of us would've found out.

Evolv has never partnered with a chinese manufacturer until recently when they paired up with Innokin to develop a new proprietary chip.

In fact Evolv is INCREDIBLY outspoken about how they had NOTHING to do with the DNA chips in the clone Hanas, and (if you watch the interviews) are incredibly annoyed, not with the fact they were cloned, but because they were cloned "so poorly".

None of the Cana's (at least from the factory) had authentic DNA's in them, and the clones are different board layout wise, so there should be no confusion possible.

Now back to vaping on my good old first round Cloupor Cana.:vapor:

Before you get back to vaping on your good old first round Cloupor Cana you missed the point sort of

What do you not get that I'm saying some of these Chinese companies could have bought bulk of the DNA 30 chip? Because you know why? Because you can buy them in bulk from Evolv. And I'm not speaking that this has been going on the whole time and I'm not saying all recent sent out clones have but recently I believe it's possible some could have. If I can buy in bulk then what keeps a Chinese company from sending out a few good real chips they bought from wholesale? Because some of these clones are functioning and working better than others. And from my understanding some of the clones are working better than the Hana Modz but this is not always the case - this is due to what I stated earlier with quality control. There are plenty of thousands who vape who don't report their gear and findings here, so? This is very possible some could have been for those that worked as they should have. But anyways back to vaping on my non Cloupor DNA 30 with fixed issues :)

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Before you get back to vaping on your good old first round Cloupor Cana you missed the point sort of

BTW it's just a theory here, that's all

I didn't miss any point.

Let me ask you this:

Why would a Chinese manufacturer buy bulk boards from evolv at $40+ per board and ship them from the US, when they can buy the Chinese DNA clone boards for half the price? Just because they love their customers? It literally would reduce their margin to nothing, they're not turning a million units, $1-2 margin isn't gonna cut it.

Or, as your last post implies, they're just sending out random authentic DNAs for fun?

If your theory was anywhere near correct, wouldn't they have sent the 'real' DNA's out to the big reviewers/vendors when they first hit the market 3 months ago, instead of the heavily quirky first run clone chip units?

Just because people got clone chips that are still flashed with the evolv text (even some with Hana Modz) and got all excited that they might be real, doesn't make it true.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
I didn't miss any point.

Let me ask you this:

Why would a Chinese manufacturer buy bulk boards from evolv at $40+ per board and ship them from the US, when they can buy the Chinese DNA clone boards for half the price? Just because they love their customers? It literally would reduce their margin to nothing, they're not turning a million units, $1-2 margin isn't gonna cut it.

Or, as your last post implies, they're just sending out random authentic DNAs for fun?

If your theory was anywhere near correct, wouldn't they have sent the 'real' DNA's out to the big reviewers/vendors when they first hit the market 3 months ago, instead of the heavily quirky first run clone chip units?

Just because people got clone chips that are still flashed with the evolv text (even some with Hana Modz) and got all excited that they might be real, doesn't make it true.

I'm not going off of because the chip flashes Evolv but because of how well some work compared to others. And I'm not talking about 1st batch vs 3rd batch but each batch tends to not be consistent. As someone already stated you can flash the chip to say whatever like Hana Modz has done and with the crappy job Hana Modz has done with some mods sent out I don't doubt anything. Plus just because Evolv LLC is in America doesn't mean their built by the hundreds in America but instead "possible" I say built in China. These are theories and with the way American manufacturing has gone and how cheap it is to produce and have product shipped to America I wouldn't doubt this more than likely the case.

If the real chip is $50 and the aluminum billet case (which is not hard to build) cost $20 at most places and the rest of the device which is super cheap in materials than by no way no how at all should a authentic Hana Modz device cost $200+ Plus knowing how some Hana Modz have been received looking not up to participate for $200+ Where is the $200 in a Hana Modz? All I gotta do is buy a $50 authentic DNA 30 chip, clean up my insides and I'll be good to go. So yep...

Btw plenty of proud American companies build their parts, computers, cars and more in China. Example: A $2000+ MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, iPhone, iPad and more are built in China but designed in the US. 2nd Example: Kayfun designed in mother Russia built in Germany and Russian 91% designed in Russia built in China. And I hardly doubt Evolv chips are made in US but instead designed here and built in China - it's cheaper to build in China like everything else in America nowadays. And with this eliminates what you said about shipping cost of chips to China but again this is just theory - that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread