Question on vaping?

lamywaby

Moved On
Feb 8, 2023
Hello everyone.

My (23f) sister (39f) gave me a vape to try. I mentioned wanting to try one out of curiosity provided there was zero nicotine (I don’t smoke). Sister explained That this one does have 5% nicotine but that it was 3500 puffs and wouldn’t be enough to get me onto smoking. She had already used the vape so there would be less than 3500.

I’ve continued to use it on and off for the past two days to see if I like it. If I do, I'd be willing to get a different one with zero nicotine and probably stop using this one.

I like it so far, it tastes nice. I’m just curious if the “liking it” could be the nicotine in it. Since I don’t smoke I’m not sure how much can cause you to get into smoking.

If I continue, I’d be vaping strictly zero nicotine. I never understood the point of vaping zero nicotine so the fact that I like it concerns me that it couldn’t be the nicotine in it. Is my sister's advice accurate?

lamywaby

Moved On
Feb 8, 2023
Hello everyone.

My (23f) sister (39f) gave me a vape to try. I mentioned wanting to try one out of curiosity provided there was zero nicotine (I don’t smoke). Sister explained That this one does have 5% nicotine but that it was 3500 puffs and wouldn’t be enough to get me onto smoking. She had already used the vape so there would be less than 3500.

I’ve continued to use it on and off for the past two days to see if I like it. If I do, I'd be willing to get a different one with zero nicotine and probably stop using this one.

I like it so far, it tastes nice. I’m just curious if the “liking it” could be the nicotine in it. Since I don’t smoke I’m not sure how much can cause you to get into smoking.

If I continue, I’d be vaping strictly zero nicotine. I never understood the point of vaping zero nicotine so the fact that I like CRYSTAL PRO MAX 4009 concerns me that it couldn’t be the nicotine in it. Is my sister's advice accurate?
thanks in advance for any input

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    If I continue, I’d be vaping strictly zero nicotine. I never understood the point of vaping zero nicotine so the fact that I like it concerns me that it couldn’t be the nicotine in it. Is my sister's advice accurate?
    If you're not wanting to get addicted to nicotine, I'd discontinue using that 5% nicotine disposable. That is the highest level out there.

I have a friend who, after having never smoked, started vaping a 5% disposable for fun during the pandemic, now he's hopelessly addicted.

BTW - you know you're posting in the cannabis forum, right?

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sister explained That this one does have 5% nicotine but that it was 3500 puffs and wouldn’t be enough to get me onto smoking
    Sounds like sister wasn't aware that 5% nicotine actually means it has 50mg of nicotine per mL of eliquid. That's very high...especially for someone who doesn't/didn't regularly smoke for years. Most of my vaping friends and I smoked for 40+ years, and we vape eliquid that's 3mg-15mg nicotine per mL in our eliquid.

I agree with the previous comments from others...stop using the 5%.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    5% is quite high.

Also, far be it from me to tell you what choices to make, but why vape 0% if you weren't even a smoker? I mean what does a non-smoker even get from a 0% vape? Peer pressure?
    This member has been smoking and is using eliquids with nicotine. It’s just he can be a little confusing with his posts and where he chooses to post them.

Btw @lamywaby , 5% nic equals 50mg.

Last edited:

mosesrd

May 5, 2024
    Hello everyone.

If I continue, I’d be vaping strictly zero nicotine. I never understood the point of vaping zero nicotine so the fact that I like it concerns me that it couldn’t be the nicotine in it rare. Is my sister's advice accurate?
    While your sister's intention may have been to provide a low-risk introduction to vaping, it's important to be cautious about the nicotine content, as even small amounts can be addictive. If you're considering continuing with zero-nicotine options, it's a safer choice, but it's essential to be mindful of your motivations and potential risks. Listen to your instincts and prioritize your health and well-being.

Users who are viewing this thread