Status
Not open for further replies.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I'm getting my cart together and want to get the Tatroe base. Provape offers a free end cap if you add on the extension ring. It does not say if the end cap is brushed or polished SS. Does anyone know? I would like to do this option, especially if the end cap is polished. That's all that's holding me up on ordering the red mini. I'm excited all over again!! TIA

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Mine came brushed, matching the finish on the Tatroe base. When they are screwed together it is almost impossible to tell that they are not a single piece of metal.

But, alas, they are not polished. The brush finish is perfectly matched to the top cap of my bronze ProVari though. FYI, brushed is still pretty shiny, just not "chrome" reflection shiny.

i love the Tatroe. The moment I get home it goes on until I leave the house. Once I get my 2nd Prov(arrives tomorrow) I plan to always have the Tatroe on the base of my "stay at home bronze".

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington
It is very close to matching, the top of the Provari. I think after I recover from my most recent purchase, I am going to get an xtra set and try to polish them my self, they have to match my polished provari's. :)

My SS Tatroe and Hippo are coming this week and my hubby is taking them to work to polish them (he's a machinist). I'll post pics when they're done. :) I have a polished mini...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Unfortunately you can't see the Provari cone because of the Pro Ring, and the focus isn't sharp for the base/ext. ring, but this might help. I would say it definetely isn't polished, but either satin or brushed. I've heard of people polishing these up shiney, but I feel they are close enough to the top cap to not need it.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
The base is fine as is.....it's the extension cap they're throwing in for $12 that I want to be polished to match the rims on the red mini. I don't want to use a red extension cap, but rather have the contrast of red with more of a chrome look, so satin isn't going to cut it. The more I think on it, the more I think I'm better off ordering the polished extension cap to get the look I'm going for. It'll look hawt with the pro tank2 also. Thanks for all the input. :)

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Be aware that the Provari colored extension cap is closed on the bottom and that you can't screw the Tatroe foot into it.

It is not my place to pressure you to spend more money, but if you plan to use a longer battery with your mini, you may want to get the Tatroe tube and figure out the details later if you don't love it.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Yeah, I was actually just thinking about the logistics of that and realized what they're offering has to be open on both ends to allow for the base to be attached to it. I've only used the extension on my white mini once so maybe I'll just go with the base for now. I can figure out the rest later, like you say. I'm wayyyy over thinking this!! :ohmy:

Be aware that the Provari colored extension cap is closed on the bottom and that you can't screw the Tatroe foot into it.

It is not my place to pressure you to spend more money, but if you plan to use a longer battery with your mini, you may want to get the Tatroe tube and figure out the details later if you don't love it.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
So I googled images for the base and after looking at about 400 photos I decided to go for the red mini with red LED, Tatroe base with extension ring, an extra 18500 battery, and a couple plastic battery cases. Only took me all night!! Being indecisive is such a curse.....however......I am satisfied with my decision and can't wait for this cherry red addition to my newly formed Provari family to arrive.....hopefully this week! It may take me awhile, but eventually I figure it out. Tomorrow....drip tips...something out of stone or glass or resin that looks great with red!! :D

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Here's another cool thing about the Tatroe tube extension I forgot to mention so pay attention..... to the poet

If you screw the Tatroe extension to your mini, and then Provari's extension can into the Tatroe extension.... Suddenly now your mini can house a 18650 battery, and will look very cool in the process.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
drip tips...something out of stone or glass or resin that looks great with red!! :D
May I suggest Drip Tip Designz. They have some lovely Tru-stone tips in addition to resins. I have these which are among my favorite ones. The vendor does custom tips if you don't see what you like on the site.

driptipdesignz.jpg driptip.jpg

Last edited:

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Thanks Bad,
I was actually checking them out the other day.....beautiful drip tips!! Now, the question is, how to narrow it down!! :) oh.....my IBTanked came today and it's beautiful! I will post a pic later.

May I suggest Drip Tip Designz. They have some lovely Tru-stone tips in addition to resins. I have these which are among my favorite ones. The vendor does custom tips if you don't see what you like on the site.

View attachment 256890 View attachment 256891

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread