Question for Vaperfexion tank users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
I was looking into buying a 19mm ProV tank and came across this in their thread (question followed by the reply from the vendor):

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Chowderhead72
Is the center hole in the top cap of a V2 a pass thru or is it like the provex that has a lip the thickness of the wall of a carto? I just assumed on the V2 would be a common hole without the "step" of the provex.

Your assumption is correct. The Pro-V2 top cap has a pass-through hole. The Pro-Vex and Vex have the drip-tip fitting, stepped hole. The Centauri and Reactor also have the same type stepped hole. The other models...Pro-V, Cartomator and the upcoming Cartomator VX all are pass-through style caps.
We do offer the "Killer" option on the stepped cap models to allow the Killer 705 to pass-through on the stepped caps. I am pretty sure I have now thoroughly confused everyone:)

I don't really understand the above. I asked what the significance of a "stepped" cap hole versus a "pass through" hole is......and is this only a concern for RBA's, since I'm only interested in using tank cartos. I do want to be able to use my existing collection of 510 drip tips, though. Do I need to be concerned with the top tank opening, then?

I'm re-posting my question here because it's already lost behind a bunch of other posts on the vendor forum.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I have not used a vpx 19mm tank. The post you quoted was in regards to the Pro-vex 22mm series. If you were to go pro the following applies. I have no firsthand experience with the 19mm tank/system. Just for clarity the outer diameter of the provari and provari mini is 22mm giving the almost hybrid look along with extra juice storage over the 19mm.

Long story short: you will be fine, however you will not be able to use tank filling tips (slap yo momma type) but if you opt for the set screw in the plastic tank filling is simple. The next issue becomes the integrity of the plastic tank (no different than most other plastic tanks). The correction to the plastic was a stainless tube with set screw; solves the issue of integrity however creates a new issue: lack of visibility. Next option Pyrex/mineral glass solves integrity and visibility issues however due to the hardness and therefore brittle characteristics of Pyrex/mineral glass threading for set screw is not feasible bringing us to our current state. The stainless steel of the top and/or bottom caps could be threaded for the aforementioned set screw giving us the ability to use any type of tube without a tube set screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread