Question for the younger generation. Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
My daughter saw me struggle with trying to quit smoking her whole life. She bugged me about it for years. Then I found out she had started smoking.

Skip ahead a couple of years ...

My starter kit arrived March 6th 2010. I easily quit smoking that day. I got a little evangelical about e-cigs and made all my smoking friends/family try them. And everybody quit and switched over to vaping. Well ... almost everybody.

My younger sister, a fellow computer geek, and my daughter, just didn't feel compelled enough to stick with e-cigs. It came down to one simple fact. They were young enough to still think they were bullet-proof. And ... they thought e-cigs were too much of a hassle.

Last Christmas I got my daughter an Elite kit:

THE ELITE 808

The Elite cartos are easy to fill, the battery lasts quite awhile, and it's a great looking PV. It turned out that style was as important to her as quitting smoking. And a cool looking hassle-free e-cig finally did the trick for her.

Now she's bugging her smoking friends to try e-cigs.

Success!

Isn't that just frustrating when they watch you struggle and hound you to quit only to pick it up themselves? What's worse with my son is that he started about a year or so AFTER I'd quit with ecigs. I even worked at an ecig store and he'd bring his smoking friends in to get them set up.

He didn't like ecigs at first because he was drawing on them incorrectly and it was "too harsh" for him until I taught him how to inhale correctly. Then I set him up with some spare parts I had and he was vaping pretty continuously when I was nearby to charge batteries and refill cartos for him.

He gave me a big hug and told me it was really thoughtful of me to get him a kit as he was wanting to come to me for advice on getting one himself so I guess my timing was right. I'm glad your daughter is sticking with it!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Isn't that just frustrating when they watch you struggle and hound you to quit only to pick it up themselves? What's worse with my son is that he started about a year or so AFTER I'd quit with ecigs. I even worked at an ecig store and he'd bring his smoking friends in to get them set up.

He didn't like ecigs at first because he was drawing on them incorrectly and it was "too harsh" for him until I taught him how to inhale correctly. Then I set him up with some spare parts I had and he was vaping pretty continuously when I was nearby to charge batteries and refill cartos for him.

He gave me a big hug and told me it was really thoughtful of me to get him a kit as he was wanting to come to me for advice on getting one himself so I guess my timing was right. I'm glad your daughter is sticking with it!

I wish you were my Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread