Question for apv vv purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlaughterhouseV

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
TN
I currently have an Innokin itaste MVP that I enjoy with the iclear 30s. I would really like to pick up a provari mini but can not make myself pull the trigger so to speak due to the price and being on short term disability. Would it be suggested to trust a vamo, varimax from vapor beast, zmax (skeptical), or just get by on my existing primary setup and wait until I can acquire a provari mini? In this area I don't know anyone with a vamo or provari of either size to really compare. I am finally very happy with the I clear 30s for my tank (would like to use them on whatever else I get) and the MVP does well just would like to have a better alternative to swap between than the itaste vv2 I have. I know there have been lots of posts on various mods just wanted some opinions directly, hope nobody minds.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Why not buy another Itaste MVP?
You can have 1 charging while you are using the other.

Rotating every day will extend the life of the battery.

Remember if you purchase a regular mod than you get into extra batteries and chargers which add up.

Provari Mini, by the way won't give you very much time per battery, if you vape medium to heavy you'll have to switch out batteries in the middle of your day.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I have both the VAMO and ZMax, and they both perform really well. Strictly my opinion, but I think the menu on the VAMO is easier to use, however the ZMax accepts Kanger T2's without an adapter and is lighter and slightly shorter. I just went back to work after a short term disability, so I know the money gets tight, I would recommend the Sigelei ZMax if you wish to go with a ZMax, they cost less than the Smoktech version. I got my ZMax from Vaper Alley for just under $70.

I know what you mean about the Provari, one of these days I will add one to my collection.

Last edited:

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
just got the Segelei ZMAX for 60$ 2 day ago!! ... which is a great deal! just patiently trying to get through work today since it will be in my mail tonight

i was in the same situation.. not knowing which one to choose.. and honestly the Segelei Zmax is the way to go in my opinion.. my friends have the same one and they love it.. 2 years going strong on one of them.. not a single problem.

yea it has a little bit of a confusing menu, but that doesnt phase me.. just one more thing i can teach myself about vaping.

good luck with whatever model you choose.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Tomzgreat gave you good advice. You probably can't go wrong with a ProVari but the mini uses an 18350 battery which will not give you much more vaping time. If you go with the full ProVari, Vamo or Zmax you will also need at least two 18650 batteries, a charger, and new cartos or a tank. The advantage of the Vamo is the price. A stainless steel Vamo (recommended over chrome or black chrome) will cost (plus or minus) $50.00 shipped. Good Panasonic 18650 batteries on the Internet are $10.00 each and an inexpensive charger between $12.00 and $25.00. Either way you are looking at a minimum cost of $85.00. The Vamo, ProVari, and Zmax are 510 threaded, I do not know about the Innokin, but if it also uses 510 threads you can use your current cartos or tanks, otherwise add another $20 or so to the total cost. If you decide on the ProVari, add another $100.00 That is about all of the additional information that I can provide.

I use a stainless steel Vamo and find it well built (not exceptional). It is easy to use once you read the manual and vapes well. The only problem that some have had with the Vamo is a small O ring which may need replacing if it breaks or if you use an adapter, it may push the positive contact down and you will need to pull it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread