Question about Kretek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as how I won't find a juice that tastes close to an analog and I do enjoy cloves I thought about picking up the Kretek ejuice that Tasty Vapor offers. I just have one question, will it taste more like a genuine clove with or without the sweetener. I know TV recommends the sweetener...just wanted to get an opinion or five haha.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Can't help you, but in general Tasty Vapor juices with sweetener are too sweet for me. You might just order up some Kretek without the sweetener and throw on a $2 bottle of sweetener. That's what I do anyway.

"1ml (about 20 drops) will sweeten (quite well) a 1 ounce bottle of e-liquid. For those mixing in our 1/2 ounce (15ml) bottles, and aren't concerned about technicalities, ONE GOOD SQUIRT will adequately sweeten a 1/2 ounce bottle. :D"

Celebran

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Eureka, CA
Sorry just noticed the thread, but I've gone through a lot of the TV Kretek. I get it with the sweetener and find it close to the djarum blacks, if I can remember what they taste like since it's been over a year since my last one ;)

I've never tried it without the sweetener, but I've also had it with added menthol, just ask in the notes when ordering. I think without the sweetener you'd get a very strong and maybe a bit bitter clove taste but I obviously can't say for sure.

I've also tried mixing in a bit of the TV Tobacco juice and that's good as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread