Question about filling blank carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've only been vaping for a week and so far have only used pre-filled carts then top them off or even switch to a compatible flavor still using the same cart. BTW these are M401 carts and I am happy - I don't need a bigger rig at this time.

But I ordered some blank carts. Do I have to pull the filling out of the inner cart and put some ejuice in the bottom for the first fill? Or will just dripping ejuice onto the top of the stuffed inner cart work to fill it?

I fiddled with re-installing the stuffing of one cart so far and I never got it back in right. If I do have to remove the stuffing to get a good first fill, is there a good visual guide to getting that stuffing back in right?

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
My method of filling carts is to pull out the filler, drip in juice about 3/4 of the way, and push the filler back into the juice, making sure to keep the top of the filler at the top of the inner cart. It's quicker that way than dripping into the filler while the filler is inside the inner cart.

You should be able to push it back in with no problem. A bent paper clip might help to push it in or tweezers or anything like that.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The one time I tried I ended up with lots of stray fibers poking up and then it tasted like burnt polyfill so I disassembled that cart and gave the pieces an alcohol bath, and just switched to a new cart. haha.

I even had trouble getting the filling out of the cart - a paperclip is fairly huge compare to the size of the stuffing in a new-style M401 cart. I just ended up compressing it into the bottom. I think I need a better tool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread