Question about dripping... and modifying 510 attys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

W00tma5ter

Apr 19, 2010
Lynden, WA
Just wondering,

I am anxiously waiting for my 510 to arrive in the mail and am planning on going straight into dripping instead of dealing with carts.

as far as setting up the atomizer goes, i have seen a guide video about removing the wick under the bridge and removing the bridge itself.

I was wondering do all you drippers out there recommend modifying your attys like this?

is there a more effective way to drip a 510 atty? remove just the wick and leave the bridge?

also, if i remove the wick and the bridge for dripping, where am i actually dripping the liquid? directly on the atty coil?

Thanks in advance for any tips people can give!

I want to have the best vaping experience possible! :D

W00t

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Depends on the juice tbh - some juices seem to last longer - I like a nice strong flavor so I can redrip quite often. Sometimes every 10 puffs, sometimes sooner, sometimes later (it really does depend on the flavor, and what you want). I use between 2 - 3 drips depending on the juice - thicker juices need around 2 and thinner can do 3 or even 4 (though 4 is pushing it at times). You sort of have to 'get to know' your juices, and your atty. Make sure you blwo out the atty if you hear it gurgle, then re-drip on the bridge. Also blow out your empty cart-used-as-mouthpiece as vapor condensation and/or juice can collect inside that too.
I do prefer dripping though - I just find it no less fiddly than carts and I get a better flavor/TH from it.

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
This is just me, my experience.....With a 510 I usually drip about 2-3 drops on the atty. You can tell when you need to drip again because the vapor will start to drop off and/or you get a hint of 'burnt' taste. If you get a 'BURNT' taste, you should have dripped before that puff! If you drip too much you will have juice all over your pv and your hands. Keep paper towels handy at first. Sucks. After a bit you get it all figured out and you don't have juice running down your hand and you don't get the burnt taste and life is good. You will flood it at first, don't panic. Take it off, blow it out and start over. :)

smokingisbad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Lincoln, NEB
Probably mentioned already. However I have only dripped now for 5 months w/510. I did not modify anything. These are manual batteries...do not drip on automatic batteries. I drip 3 drops no more. When the atty starts to not work to great after a couple weeks give or take i only drip 2 drops. Hope this helps!!GL and welcome. PS. I will be getting the newer 510 cartomizers and possible do a review of them from my dripping only perspective. I have a feeling these will be great for us drippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread