Quandary on which kind of tank to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjordan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Fairbury, Nebraska
I am looking at fast tech.com's website and I'm fairly new to vaping. I own 1. MVP 2.0 shine 1. Vamo v5 8. Smoktech VV and 2. Generic 650mAh batteries. My question for you more experienced vapers out there would a bottom coil system work better for me because with the tanks I currently own I keep getting a burnt tire taste except for the tank that came with my MVP shine and it is a bottom coil tank and I love the flavor and amount of vapor I get with it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I never got clearos to work consistently for me...bad hits, leaking/flooding. I never was interested enough to build coils so I just went with carto tanks and have been very satisfied. They're not perfect but they are more CONSISTENT and generally provide better flavor than clearos. A good beginner carto tank is this one:

SMOKTech Pyrex DCTank Glass DCTank

They also make a 3.5ml "slim" version.

They key to easy refilling is to use one of these:

Chrome DCT Refilling Drip Tip

http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=52

Just my $.02. Good luck.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:thumb: +1 on the cartotank.

Clearomizers depend upon tiny silica to wick the juice to the coils. A moderate to heavy vapor can out-vape those strings' ability to carry enough juice to the coils, resulting in dry or burnt hits.

A cartomizer is literally full of cotton-like wick. Tough to out-vape all of that wick. More flavor and more consistancy. Trade-off is a little more time involved with the initial setup pre-filling the carto. Be sure to get a tank tool as in the above post.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

IBTanked Cartotank Review

MVP_IBTanked.jpg IBTanked25mmsb.jpg

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I prefer IBtanked brand cartotanks, they're the only tanks I use. They have Pyrex glass tubes and your choice of stainless steel or anodized aluminum end caps. Build quality is excellent, the price is too! They are available in various sizes that'll fit your needs regardless of the device you use. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread