PV/VG Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugMeat

Oct 11, 2013
NV
Can someone tell me what the benefits are with higher VG ratio? I just opened a new bottle of House Blend from Copper Creek that I bought at 60/40 PG/VG. It's good....very very good in fact (similar to the eyes spinning:blink: feeling I get with Custard's Last Stand mmmmmm good) but House also comes in 40/60, 20/80, and 0 PG.

What would I likely experience at higher VG %'s? More vapor, more flavor, more TH?

DanG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
I always vape house at 60/40 the same as you... the PG generally carries the flavor better. I don't vape to show off so I want flavor more than clouds. The VG is what makes those. The PG will also give you more throat hit. FV, the one who makes House also vapes it at 60/40. PG is also thinner than VG so that can make a difference with what atty you are using. Click on my Posse banner it will take you to the Copper Creek threads. We will be more than happy to chat with you

Last edited:

BugMeat

Oct 11, 2013
NV
I always vape house at 60/40 the same as you... the PG generally carries the flavor better. I don't vape to show off so I want flavor more than clouds. The VG is what makes those. The PG will also give you more throat hit. FV, the one who makes House also vapes it at 60/40. PG is also thinner than VG so that can make a difference with what atty you are using. Click on my Posse banner it will take you to the Copper Creek threads. We will be more than happy to chat with you

Thanks DanG and all. I got to say that flavor is my number one quest (and the main reason that kissing cigs goodbye as been so easy).

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It's a bit of a trade-off. Presuming no allergy either way, here are the + and -
PG+ better at carrying flavor
PG+ better at carrying TH
PG+/- thinner, too much and may cause leaks/too little and thick juice may not wick to the coil
VG+/- thicker, too much and thick juice may not wick well, too little and thin juice may leak
VG+ better at producing vapor

So try a couple ratios and decide what you like!
I've started to DIY, so I can make something 50/50, and then next time if I think i want a little more vapor to it, could make it 43/57 if I want to...
:)

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
PG = throat hit
VG = vapour production
PG = thinner
VG = thicker
I use 60/40 VG/PG ratio and find that it gives me a good throat hit and nice vapour production but everyone is different.
If using a big ratio in favour of VG and you find you are getting dry hits due to your coil being clogged and junked up because of the thickness of the juice and you cannot use PG. Try thinning the VG with distilled water by 1% (some people use vodka).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread