Putting a tank on a tube mech mod..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I didn't know his mod is a hybrid. TOTALLY different ball game.

In fact, one of the mods that exploded in the past year was DUE to a guy putting a tank on a hybrid mod.

NO ... 4 of the widely publicized mod explosions have been tanks on hybrid top caps.

(if it was dog food or baby cribs, there would have already been a recall)

Last edited:

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    You CAN use a tank on a mechanical mod, PROVIDED that it's top cap has a center pin!!!!

Yup - that's the whole point.

OP had already posted about his Tugboat and I immediately drew his attention to the danger posed. It seems others have told him otherwise.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Some of the mech mods like the SMPL ones do not even have a Delrin ring in the top. So if you have no atty on and hit the fire button or the atty unscrews and you hit the firing button... Direct short...

the other thing is that with a slightly protruding center pin on the atty 510 the top of the battery may get dented in a bit from overtightening or dropping the mod or the 510 pin gets pushed up in the atty just a bit and then you have the top contacting the 510 threads... Another direct short.

Again I do not think these types of mods should be sold.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    I almost laugh at myself now but I certainly wasn't laughing when this happened almost four months ago. It was probably the most shocking event I ever experienced..... well, except perhaps for the time my boat was within two inches of completely capsizing. :) Please be careful and make sure you know exactly what you are doing and WHY.

A SMPL Explosion. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread