Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
This board is experimental - we hope it resolves numerous issues, and if so it will stay. Here are some of the issues we hope it will fix:

Problem: some members create multiple slightly over-enthusiastic posts praising their favourite supplier. Such posts can be moved here, and multiples can be deleted.

Problem: some members post completely untrue facts about a supplier's products or service, and there is no way for the supplier to respond as we ban them from several boards to prevent spam. Now, a supplier can request that such a post is moved here, and it can be replied to. In future we should get no complaints of unreasonable criticism that cannot be replied to.

Problem: occasionally a member has a valid complaint about a supplier's service. These complaints, if made in the supplier's own forum, might be overlooked for various reasons. Now there is a public forum for these complaints and the response. It also allows us to monitor these issues much more easily.

Problem: sometimes a member develops an aversion to a supplier and starts trolling re. their service. All posts of this nature will be moved here. If they are found to be groundless they will be deleted.

So this forum should provide a valuable service for all. Your comments are welcome.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
To SJ/roly/Angus,

First let me say I am aware that I have probably written some of the longest single posts ever in response to people making a "negative" post about a supplier. However I am also always one to state that whatever I write is only my opinion of how things should be handled and what my experience(or lack thereof) is with whatever vendor is in question at the time. I am a firm believer that any issue should be taken up with the vendor directly and that posting publicly about it should be a last resort if the situation isn't resolved to your liking.

I honestly think that stating your experience with a supplier, in response to such threads, is one thing and calling someone a liar just because their experience differed from yours with the same vendor is unnecessary. All of the vendors are human just like the rest of us and not a single one is infallible. Just because I've made 100 orders with one vendor without a hitch doesn't mean that the same vendor couldn't have misplaced/forgotten about/ or just plain simply decided to not deal with an issue with another customer.

Whether people believe it or not there are those vendors out there who would have the mindset of..."Well I have all these happy customers already so who cares about these one or two people.". And on the same note there are consumers who are willing to badmouth a vendor just because the vendor wouldn't do something they asked that was completely unrealistic. Either way though unless you were one of the two people involved you honestly can't say what is true no matter what your past experiences have been like.

With that in mind I'd like to make the following suggestion for the reviews of Suppliers sub-forum:

How about reorganizing this sub-forum so that it contains 2 sub-forums of it's own. One for "Issues with...." and one for "Satisfied with ..". In each of these two sub-forums could be a single thread for each and every Supplier who is registered with ECF.

Obviously in the "Satisfied with .." section people could post in the particular vendors thread whenever the vendor has done something for them that makes them feel the need to do so.

In the "Issues with ..." section I would suggest that the sub-forum rules clearly state that it is only for those who have an issue to post in. The rules could be the same in the sense that the vendors are still allowed to reply to any issue and that the moderators could remove any post that could not be substantiated.

I think this would make it a much more useful tool for many reasons. It would get rid of any potential for "feuds" between members due to differing opinions on the situation from those who honestly have no idea what exactly has occurred. It would make it easier for the moderators to keep this area under control without having to read through many extra posts that really lend no value to the outcome of the particular issue. And most importantly of all it would make it easier, for those who are looking for information on a vendor, to be able to see what kind of issues there has been and how the vendor dealt with the issue without having to sift through the entire section looking for numerous threads on the same vendor. It would also make it easier for vendors to check up on and respond to the posts about them.

Last edited:

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
To SJ/roly/Angus,

First let me say I am aware that I have probably written some of the longest single posts ever in response to people making a "negative" post about a supplier. However I am also always one to state that whatever I write is only my opinion of how things should be handled and what my experience(or lack thereof) is with whatever vendor is in question at the time. I am a firm believer that any issue should be taken up with the vendor directly and that posting publicly about it should be a last resort if the situation isn't resolved to your liking.

I honestly think that stating your experience with a supplier, in response to such threads, is one thing and calling someone a liar just because their experience differed from yours with the same vendor is unnecessary. All of the vendors are human just like the rest of us and not a single one is infallible. Just because I've made 100 orders with one vendor without a hitch doesn't mean that the same vendor couldn't have misplaced/forgotten about/ or just plain simply decided to not deal with an issue with another customer.

Whether people believe it or not there are those vendors out there who would have the mindset of..."Well I have all these happy customers already so who cares about these one or two people.". And on the same note there are consumers who are willing to badmouth a vendor just because the vendor wouldn't do something they asked that was completely unrealistic. Either way though unless you were one of the two people involved you honestly can't say what is true no matter what your past experiences have been like.

With that in mind I'd like to make the following suggestion for the Reviews of Suppliers sub-forum:

How about reorganizing this sub-forum so that it contains 2 sub-forums of it's own. One for "Issues with...." and one for "Satisfied with ..". In each of these two sub-forums could be a single thread for each and every Supplier who is registered with ECF.

Obviously in the "Satisfied with .." section people could post in the particular vendors thread whenever the vendor has done something for them that makes them feel the need to do so.

In the "Issues with ..." section I would suggest that the sub-forum rules clearly state that it is only for those who have an issue to post in. The rules could be the same in the sense that the vendors are still allowed to reply to any issue and that the moderators could remove any post that could not be substantiated.

I think this would make it a much more useful tool for many reasons. It would get rid of any potential for "feuds" between members due to differing opinions on the situation from those who honestly have no idea what exactly has occurred. It would make it easier for the moderators to keep this area under control without having to read through many extra posts that really lend no value to the outcome of the particular issue. And most importantly of all it would make it easier, for those who are looking for information on a vendor, to be able to see what kind of issues there has been and how the vendor dealt with the issue without having to sift through the entire section looking for numerous threads on the same vendor. It would also make it easier for vendors to check up on and respond to the posts about them.

Hey Thy,

That would be a fine idea as long as the vendor is not allowed to delete the dissatisfied posts. Unfortunately at this point they are allowed to and they do.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
@Thyestean
This board has worked out very well and has been well-received by both Members and Suppliers.

There is no reason we can't try and improve it and your idea seems a good one - split it into two: good reviews and bad reviews. I'll ask Angus and see what he says.

@skydragon
The way it seemed to me, Thy. is talking about this board? Nobody can delete any posts here except the Mods assigned to the board, which is one reason it was introduced and why it's a success. However the Mods will delete stuff that is over the top or repetitive, although there have been no complaints on that score AFAIK.

There is one long debate going on here that a Mod just closed, as everything that could be said has been said. I think that's fair enough, especially as by all accounts the Supplier has a good rep but there was an issue with just one order - which could happen to anyone.

It's when you see the same thing over and over you need to be wary, and it looks as if we are providing the right kind of facilities to see this sort of thing now, plus a good balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread