PURESMOKER PILOT REVIEW by jimgman

Status
Not open for further replies.

snf

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
if you're djing and you're using a laptop at all, i'd suggest a penstyle with manual switch and usb/battery box cable.

there ya go :)

Hot tap water (but my tap produces REALLY hot water) run through both sides 2 or 3X then sit cart side down in a pair of pliers so both ends are not touching anything overnight until dry.

isn't hot water bad for the atomizer? iono thats what i heard, if thats the case, you think steam cleaning is safe?

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
i have heard of a lot of people washing thier atomizers, and boiling them even with great success. i have heard dropping a cold atomizer straight into boiling water can kill it though, and many others who have killed them trying the boiling method. one i read that made sense to me was put the atomizer in the pot while the water is warm, and bring to a boil, and remove once it starts to boil. i personally believe that not overheating while vaping is the best solution. nothing burnt=nothing to clean. running any electronics hot will reduce its life expectancy as well. take a few puffs, then let it cool a bit...I have yet to go through an atomizer or a cart in almost 2 months now, with no maintenance at all.

my intellicg atomizer lasted about 10 days... my best 901 lasted about 2 months my gamucci classic penstyle lasted around 4 months and now i am trying out a njoy... best thing i found is to DIP in boiling water. Not totally submerge. I am currently in china looking at the differnt suppliers as i intend to start a e-cig website. All the factories seem the same to me!!

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
i heard the evo has a microphone or chip in it, is this the same with the pilot? because i am a DJ and the loud music would run my atomiser dead :p Now I'm so happy i ordered the pilot, im still debating if i should get a penstyle AND a 901 HEHEHE

I took my P.S. 401's to a club a couple times last week, and the bass kept the batteries lit up all night. It was almost impossible to take a drag, since they were always in "2 minute time-out" mode.

snf

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
I took my P.S. 401's to a club a couple times last week, and the bass kept the batteries lit up all night. It was almost impossible to take a drag, since they were always in "2 minute time-out" mode.

yeah after just blowin into the end of my pilot, i can see the lights go on...I guess imma pick up a 901 too then! HEHEHE!

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran

Crap, keeping the atomizer and cartridge disconnected from the battery won't make a difference, will it?

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Geez, now there's two threads with the exact same question, lol

No atomizer screwed on, the LED's light up, and ya, it goes into timeout. But that doesn't hurt it, or make the battery go dead either. When you go outside, it works fine again.

It's not air, because all four did the exact same thing, all lighting up just sitting there in the box, without being moved and without air movement around them, so it must have been the bass.

All four batteries worked just fine when you take them outside to have a smoke with the REST of the smokers ;-) lol

It's entirely possible that sitting somewhere else, further away or out of the path of the speakers, or in the DJ's case - perhaps behind the speakers, he might be ok, really hard to say.

Used mine outside in 45 mile per hour winds tonight.. and the battery would not go off!!!!

I was freaking out.. I disconnected the atomizer and ran to the car and wrapped it in my shirt to keep the wind off and finally the light went off. I was afraid the battery would die before I got home from school and I had no spare with me! It went off and was fine after a few seconds.. but the wind and the noise seem to do it. When I put it in bubble wrap inside the eyeglass case I use... it seems to withstand noise and vibrations better.

udave

ECF Veteran
is anyone else not gettin that much vapor from the pilot? Its my first day using it and im not getting much vapor, i feel the throat hit and everything...i think maybe i have to break in the atomizer :p

I have been using my Pilot since last night and I am not getting much vapor either. Like you, I feel throat hit and everything but I get really weak vapor production. I hope it is just because I still need to break in the atomizer.

Also, puresmoker.com says these batteries have 10 second cool down period rather than the 2 minute cool down period other 401s have. I haven't timed it exactly, but mine is sure taking a LOT longer than 10 seconds to return to normal if I hit the cutoff. Anyone else?

snf

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
I have been using my Pilot since last night and I am not getting much vapor either. Like you, I feel throat hit and everything but I get really weak vapor production. I hope it is just because I still need to break in the atomizer.

Also, puresmoker.com says these batteries have 10 second cool down period rather than the 2 minute cool down period other 401s have. I haven't timed it exactly, but mine is sure taking a LOT longer than 10 seconds to return to normal if I hit the cutoff. Anyone else?

yeah mines definetly taking longer than 10 seconds, i took it out while i was driving and the winds were setting the thing off and it took a while to come back :p

and as far as vapor, im hoping its because the cartridge is dry...iono im waiting for my cash cola ejuice to come home so i can confirm

housewife

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
San Luis Obispo, CA
I just got my pilot from puresmoker.com last night. I was instantly impressed (I guess thats not too surprising since I'm upgrading from a GamuccI), as the draw on the pilot was much smoother. However, I wasnt getting tons of vape or a very heavy throat hit... After smoking that first cart dry, I topped it off with some True Menthol that I got with my order, and WOW. Im finally getting an actual throat hit from an e-cig. Great vapor, taste, hit...

If this keeps up, Im not gonna have ANY problem crossing over completely from analogs. As is I've already dramaticaly cut back (less than a pack total in the last week and a half while struggling with my Gamucci), but since this thing arrived, the thought of sparking up a real one actually puts me off! :D

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
i just got my second pilot. this one has the 4 hole atomizer. out of the box, id say the same as you guys, close to no vapor. i just keep checking to make sure it stays wet, and it didnt seem to be wicking the cart well, so i poked some holes in the cart material to get more "flow". im sure the atomizers just need some breaking in. ive only had it an hour or so, and im using a half dead battery from my original one...

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
yeah mines definetly taking longer than 10 seconds, i took it out while i was driving and the winds were setting the thing off and it took a while to come back :p...

YES, that REALLY annoys me too. It was a selling point for me, not to deal with that long wait until it works again. And yet it *is* 2 minutes. I timed it with a watch, all four of my batteries.

The website still says "* Battery is programmed to fit consumers needs the best. This includes a 7 second cutoff [instead of the standard 5] and only a 10 second cool down period (if you reach that cutoff) instead of the standard 2 minutes." PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For ECigs, Parts, & Accessories!

Maybe Steve doesn't know about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread