Pumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefullhonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I started researching mods pretty much as soon as I knew I'd be vaping for a while. After reading just about everything out there on a bunch of contenders including the Vamo V@ & V3, iTaste MVP, iTaste SVD, I just pulled the trigger on... an SVD with protected batteries and chargers from FT.

It's scheduled to ship in a day or two.

I was initially leaning towards the MVP, as it would have worked perfectly for my current preferences. However, I think I'll be glad to have the extra features of the SVD. Plus it looks like a total boss! I'll keep taking my Ego Twist while I'm out and about and use this as my at-home vape for evenings music production, board games, movie watching, etc.

Man, waiting for those batteries to charge after the package arrives is going to be agony.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Yeah, I wish I still used a computer to produce music. It's really hard to vape and keep the flow going with guitar or synth with background loop progressions.

The batteries will probably have a slight charge on them. I've been told to dissipate the charge completely before charging and always charge fully.

thefullhonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I wish I still used a computer to produce music. It's really hard to vape and keep the flow going with guitar or synth with background loop progressions.

The batteries will probably have a slight charge on them. I've been told to dissipate the charge completely before charging and always charge fully.

You could always modify a harmonica holder. Vapemonica!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
That is a good idea...I'd have to get some Chisotpher Reeve? style control on it if I use a manual e-cig. Blow in a tube to turn button on, and have a one-way pressure valve on it to keep it from coming back in when I pull from the other tube connected to tank. Just adjust Power in order to take 16 second long pulls.

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
You get used to release-press in the middle of a drag pretty quick :D

You do that too eh? lol I always feel like a crackhead when I double press the button in 1 drag though :/ even while vaping 18-20mg, with the 24mg I couldn't do it.

P.S. Anybody else think vape choking is like the worst thing in the world and far worse then anything you've ever smoked? It's horrible to choke on vapor and you feel god awful afterwards.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
You do that too eh? lol I always feel like a crackhead when I double press the button in 1 drag though :/ even while vaping 18-20mg, with the 24mg I couldn't do it.

P.S. Anybody else think vape choking is like the worst thing in the world and far worse then anything you've ever smoked? It's horrible to choke on vapor and you feel god awful afterwards.

That's pretty bad, but passing a Low Res Dry Hit through your sinuses on a hard primer puff, to me, is worse!
Seems like the burning is going to make me go blind sometimes LOL 8-o

thefullhonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Good choice on your first mod. I really love the look of that mod and has a great reputation among people I know who use it.

Thanks! It really was the look that drew me to it first. It was the first one that inspired that "yessssss..." reaction from me. Even if it had the same restrictions as something like the MVP, it probably still would have been my first choice. The ONLY thing that it might be lacking is some sort of OLED display, but I'm very much a set it an forget it kind of person in that once I find something that works I'll stick with it forever. Chances are this will live with a Vivi Nova/2.2ohm coil for it's entire lifespan :)

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Thanks! It really was the look that drew me to it first. It was the first one that inspired that "yessssss..." reaction from me. Even if it had the same restrictions as something like the MVP, it probably still would have been my first choice. The ONLY thing that it might be lacking is some sort of OLED display, but I'm very much a set it an forget it kind of person in that once I find something that works I'll stick with it forever. Chances are this will live with a Vivi Nova/2.2ohm coil for it's entire lifespan :)

The SVD Does have a display, and a nice one too... Okay, I'm not real stoked about the fact that the display is raised and not flush, but on the other hand It can be easily read in direct sunlight! Something that can't be said for the eVic!!

thefullhonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
The SVD Does have a display, and a nice one too... Okay, I'm not real stoked about the fact that the display is raised and not flush, but on the other hand It can be easily read in direct sunlight! Something that can't be said for the eVic!!

It does, but I think it's just a 3 character LCD. Totally not a big deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread