Provari misfiring, E4 error, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
NOTE: Crossposting this from the Provape forum, cuz it looks like these threads are more active and might have more advanced users in it.

Hey fellow Provari lovers! My Provari just decided to go wonky on me, and I need some help.

Today, while I was vaping out and about, the Provari would not stop firing after hitting the button. I quickly took off my carto and yanked the battery to get it to stop firing. Now when I attempt to add the battery back in when there is a carto, it continues to fire. When I actually hit the button, I get an E4 error. The inside is spotless, not a drop of liquid, so it's not that issue. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks guys!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
bummer! :( let us know how it works out and how they work with you on the warranty. I know they've stated on the provape forum that the warranty isn't transferable if a unit is sold to another person, I don't know how it works if the provari is bought as a gift. You may have to contact the person who gifted it to you and have it sent back in their name or something.

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I got E4 once when I had a sealed 510 to 510 adapter attached, and it's center contact was pushed up to far causing a direct short. I use the adapter to keep juice out of the provari, and save wear and tear on the threads on the unit. Aside from a shorted carto, it might be a good idea to contact ProVape, as others have said.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
Before sending it back, it is worth (sounds like much of this you already did)

-Using multiple cartos
-Cleaning the inner contact pin with a cue tip and alcohol
-Cleaning the outer carto-thread side the same as above
-Clean the inner spring in the same fashion as above
-Make sure the contacts on your batteries are not gunked up (this can happen pretty easily)
-Applying Naolox or something similar to all of the threads (a very, very light coat)
-Giving the unit a complete bath in alcohol to break up any debris...be sure it is fully dried before using...Provape has told me the device is designed to have this done to it to loosen any gunk that could be on the circuit board causing an issue...and then applying Naolox after the bath is finished.

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
Thanks Nick! I went through all the normal troubleshooting with Provape, nothing ended up working so it's gotta go back in.

I'd just like to update this with a note on the utter ease and joy of working with Provape. They really do care about their customers. Cecilia and David have been an absolute wonder to work with. I am truly a customer for life. Now just to get them to make a purple LED and my life will be complete!

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
Problem fixed!

Unfortunately, I am not sure what the problem is, but it is fixed. Working better than ever! And super fast return shipping too. Cecilia was very patient with me as I emailed her torrentially while it was gone (every day without a ProVari is a painful one!). I am super tickled it was only out a week. Customer for life!!

I am now happily vaping away on my new ValleyVapes polypropylene tanks. Could not be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread