Provari Mini or iTaste SVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
I hope I put this in the correct section........If not, I apologize.

I'm new to vaping but want a vv/vw device. I really like the look of the Provari, but my brother (the person who got me started w/ vaping) suggested the iTaste SVD. Any pros/cons with either? I wanted something smaller and I know there's a BIG price difference.......but, I want more opinions, please! Thanks in advance!

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT

I'm new to vaping but want a vv/vw device. I really like the look of the Provari, but my brother (the person who got me started w/ vaping) suggested the iTaste SVD. Any pros/cons with either? I wanted something smaller and I know there's a BIG price difference.......but, I want more opinions, please! Thanks in advance!

Well I own a Provari now and glad I took that step to get it. It looked big and heavy when I first got it but it really isn't. The Provari is built very well, best money I have spent in a long time. I used to use the K808 batteries and after having so many issues I heard and read a lot about the provari before I purchased it . You have to way the pro's and con's on both..You can't go by just price. See which one you might like better..Everyone has there opinion on which is better..You want something that last instead of something that doesn't. Read the forums on and get different reviews from people and do research on both..As for cons on the provari I don't have any. Well made and warranty is very good and if something breaks after the warranty they don't rob you to fix it :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Innokin SVD

• Pro's: Less expensive. Variable wattage in addition to variable volts. Telescopic (can use more than one size of battery without extensions). Three button control.

• Con's: Made in China, so limited or no warranty. Should it need repair, it becomes an expensive paperweight (Chinese manufacturers do not do repairs, they expect you to purchase another mod instead). Uses the 33.3 hz regulating chip (rattlesnake effect).

Mini Provari

• Pro's: USA made. Higher quality parts and attention to detail in the manufacturing process. Designed and manufactured to be every bit as durable as a mechanical mod. More accurate voltage regulation; uses 800+ Hz regulating chip (no rattlesnake effect). One year warranty, option to purchase a second year at time of purchase. After warranty, will do lifetime repair at reasonable cost. Battery extention cap (optional via Provape) or after market extension sleeves (Tatroe Mods at Cigtech) allow for larger batteries.

• Con's: No variable wattage (Is this really necessary?). More expensive, but built to last. Single button control.

Why Provari?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

Mini Provari v2.jpg

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

That's a whole world apart in price;
if you can afford it, go for the provari.

The svd we keep hearing abut quality control issues; I'd sooner recommend a vamo;
here's mine in short mode; the extra tube for a longer battery can fit on the top instead and protect my tank.
attachment.php

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I was wondering about the variable wattage. Since I'm so new, I didn't know if that WAS necessary. Thanks for the lists!

Since you're new, I recommend variable wattage; most common regulated mods have both options, including the svd, vamo, zmax, sid, vtr; but not the provari;

Normally I'd recommend the MVP2 for new vapers; but it is a battery, not a tube with interchangeable batteries. It's convenient, and it's a passthrough, so you can vape on it even if it's charging, and you don't have to end up buying a separate charger and spare battery to get started. It's got vv, vw, and 510 as well as eGo threads .

Last edited:

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Buy a MVP 2.0..., no need to buy a battery, exceptional battery life, "rugged build", VW for you, no "rattle snake" effect, different shades of color, etc
plenty of youtube videos and help from ECF member to get you use it, etc..bonus you'll be different from your brother but at the same time kinda took his advice and got an Innokin product

You will always need a backup....save up Provari 3.0 when it comes out..by then you'll be advance "vapor" expert..

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I read and read and watched and watched. I really felt better ordering from an American company with that big warranty. I also know that maybe this will push me to learn the whole VV/VW stuff. Did I absolutely need to order a Provari? Nope.........but, I bit the bullet and ordered it anyway.

My birthday is Thursday and DH said he would get it for me! :vapor: I ordered the Emerald with blue lighting and since it my birthday, I also got the starter set with the batteries and the Nautilus Tank and Beauty Ring.................. Now the waiting begins!!!! :laugh:

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
Grats, Stephanie. Great choice and you will not be disappointed. A Provari will last you years with no issues.

:thumb:

Thanks so much! I am loving it!

The only thing I'm having issues with is using a 1.5ohm, long barrel dripping atomizer. I'm setting the voltage anywhere from 3.0 to 3.4, but to me, it constantly tastes burnt and horrible. My throat ends up getting really torn up and then I can't taste ANYTHING. I've gone through 2 of them and have a third, but am afraid I'll screw that one up, too.........lol Hopefully, I'll get it. ;-)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks so much! I am loving it!

The only thing I'm having issues with is using a 1.5ohm, long barrel dripping atomizer. I'm setting the voltage anywhere from 3.0 to 3.4, but to me, it constantly tastes burnt and horrible. My throat ends up getting really torn up and then I can't taste ANYTHING. I've gone through 2 of them and have a third, but am afraid I'll screw that one up, too.........lol Hopefully, I'll get it. ;-)

Provape recommends using higher ohm coils for the Provari (2.5 - 3.0 ohm).

If you are anything like me, it sounds like you prefer a "cooler vape". Anything low resistance (LR) tears up my throat, too. I ALWAYS use standard or high resistance coils in cartomizers, drip attys, and clearos.

There is no reason to use low resistance coils unless you are using them on an unregulated mechanical mod.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The decision has been made, and the discussion is ended. I do, however, feel the need to say this: Baditude, I respect you immensely, but, I do object to the generalizing and simplifying China vs USA rhetoric. Many of us are not from the US, and don't necessarily consider "Made in USA" and all it comes with as unequivocally positive. Secondly, I do feel uncomfortable when "it's from China" is used as an unambiguous negative. Some of us are probably from China as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread