Provari Mini Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
So I am getting a Provari mini soon. It's a done deal so this isn't a persuasion question.

I am just wanting to get a question(or two) answered. I am wondering how long an 18350 battery will last me and how long an 18490 battery will last me. I vape on a 2.4ohm vivi nova tank, at 4.2-4.4 volts. I vape moderately. I only need to charge my 1000mah ego twist every other night and that's not even because it's dead but because I like to know I can go out and it won't die. I also vape around 2mils of juice a day.

Given those details could anyone guestimate how long the mini with and without an extension cap might last me. I'm getting an extension cap and the 18490 battery as well and the standard 18350's. In the begging I was assuming the 18350 would last me all day and the 18490 would last me two days but after watching the reviews it seems folks who vape nearly as little as I do are getting less than that.

I have to factor in how much the menu system, and all of the built in features such as the boost circuit regulation will effect battery life. I'm hoping it's minimal. But I figure what better than to ask ECF Provari users.

Ps. Can anyone give me any info on why the Provaris electronics are exposed inside the tube? For such a high end device I'd think those would be covered and it not seem like an "unfinished" part of the product. I've heard folks say provape did it as a design feature with the benefit of being able to dump 99% alcohol into the device or something. Not sure of the benefit of that. And I also am not sure the durability and longevity of those exposed electronics with batteries being dropped into them daily. Is the provape1 like that and how many tubes typically are like that? I believe the zmax is the only other one.

Answers would be greatly appreciated, my fellow vapers. Something tells me I'm only asking this to get my mind off of my excitement. ;)

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
I vape 3ml a day and a fully charged 18490 lasts me throughout the day. 18350 will most likely last you the whole day since you only vape 2ml. My routine is leave the house in the morning with a fully charged 18490, I come home after 8 hours and warning light would be blinking but still has enough to vape at home. Charge the used battery and slap in a fully charged one before going to bed and it's ready for the next day.

The reasons I could think of about the exposed electronic are heat dissipation, venting in case something in the electronics blows and juice not pooling in case of leak. Although I have not heard of any of the 3 issues happening on a Provari. FWIW, my Orion also has exposed circuitry and this has had leak issues on early models.

Don't think of the Provari as a high end device that you need to baby. Use it daily, take it anywhere, abuse it and it will still survive.

Oh you can surely drop your Provari and it will survive, remember to take a vid and post it on youtube. :p

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Only having to charge it once at night won't bother me. After all I have to charge my phone every night. It just didn't make sense for a 1000mah ego twist to last me 2 days and two nights but a 1100mah provari(18490 battery)to last me less than that. I don't think a whole 100mah being sacrifised because of the extra features that I won't be using 24/7 sounds right.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
i vape about 3mls a day and a 18350 will barely last me my work day, the 18490 will last me all day and most of the night.

ive been considering selling my mini to my brother and buying a full size with ext cap.

I don't mind using the exstension cap all of the time. I actually prefer the mini over the standard the biggest reason actually being the design. I love the teardrop design. Other than that I am REALLY tired of this obnoxiously long twist and a huge reason for stepping into tube mods was to get something much shorter so it could make up for the shortness in thickness. As far as I know the standard Provari is around the same length as a twist. The switch to the mini provari was just as much about functionality as it was about comfort.

Last edited:

Sinister Dexter

Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Cascadia
My Provari Mini lasts 8-10 hours on an 18350. I vape 3 mL/day. It seems more efficient than other voltage regulated devices I've tried, I get more vape time per mAh on the Provari. Voltage conversion circuitry typically uses 5%-20% of the power, depending on the components used. I'm guessing it has high quality components so it's probably closer to 5%.

Lex Ave

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2012
Florida
My husband gave me my ProVari Mini as an early Christmas present - ok the mail came, and I found it, so he let me have it.

He bought me both the battery and it comes with, and the longer battery with the extender cap. I was pretty disappointed with how long the battery DIDNT last for. I figured, I wouldnt have to be bringing along extra batteries, but I do.

I'm not a heavy vaper, and I keep my Provari between 3.8 - 4.0

I like it, but am disappointed for what I thought it was going to be like.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
My husband gave me my ProVari Mini as an early Christmas present - ok the mail came, and I found it, so he let me have it.

He bought me both the battery and it comes with, and the longer battery with the extender cap. I was pretty disappointed with how long the battery DIDNT last for. I figured, I wouldnt have to be bringing along extra batteries, but I do.

I'm not a heavy vaper, and I keep my Provari between 3.8 - 4.0

I like it, but am disappointed for what I thought it was going to be like.

What resistance do you vape on?, dual coil or single coil?, how many mils do you vape a day?, how long do both types of batteries last?

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Hmmm, I'm runnig 1.6 ohm dual coils in a tank at around 4v and I average 10ml a day. I'm getting around 6 hours out of my 18350 batteries, I'm not unhappy with tha at all!

See now that makes me very happy. Reading Lex's trial and then yours make me consider two things; what her personal opinion of good battery life is and if her batteries are malfunctioning. Because I read hers and it made me a little nervous but if you're running low ohms and dual coils and chain vaping and averaging around 6 hours I could guess how good the batteries are going to do for me being a 2-3mil a dayer on 2.4ohm vivi nova tanks at 4-4.4 volts.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have the regular Provari. With the default 18490 battery (which the Mini would use with the extension cap) I start the day with a fresh battery which lasts me nearly all day; the low battery alert (blinking power switch) starts around 7 pm and I could go until bedtime (10-11pm) once it does that. I use 3.0 ohm single coil cartomizers in cartotanks.

Having it to do all over again, I wouldn't have a problem getting the Mini instead of the Regular. Having the regular now, I use it with both the 18490 and 18650 batteries. I would really prefer something smaller (shorter) than the regular; its not easily pocketable like a Mini would be, and a Mini would be easier to put into a Serenity Gear lanyard for out-and-about use. I wouldn't mind carrying an extra battery or two with me in order to enjoy the smaller (shorter) size of the Mini. RTD Vapor sells several kinds of battery holders that can easily fit in a pocket or purse.

Mini Provari 2.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg provari mini.jpg

Images from Google Images search.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread