Provari fire LED lights by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarfcat

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Grand Rapids MI
So, ive been enjoying my provari for a few weeks now and I love it however ive noticed something strange. If i tap the provari against my leg or slightly shake it the led for the fire button comes on. I emailed provape and they told me the battery is low (its not and i can make this happen anytime on any amount of charge). They said if that wasnt it i should try stretching the spring in my end cap but to be careful because if i yank it out its tough to put back in. Im not very satisfied with this response. Has anyone had this issue?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
One of mine does this as well.

My best guess on mine is the battery is momentarily loosing contact due to the spring not being as strong as it should, so the light flashes.

Battery momentarily losing contact. Check to make sure your top cap is firmly seated. If you see a gap, whack it with a hammer. Could be the spring, too.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Stretch the battery spring.

Clean the battery contact inside the Provari with a long cotton tip applicator with some isopropal alcohol or with the eraser of a pencil.

Clean the threading of the battery cap with some Noaloxx. The battery cap is part of the electrical circuit, so dirt or oxidation of the bare metal threads can disrupt the battery conduction.

dwarfcat

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Grand Rapids MI
Ok, thanks for the help. I cleaned the battery contact and threads an stretched the spring. Just as I figured the spring popped out of the cap...I dont think its in there good but i got it centered smashed the battery on it and screwed the thing together. Now it only flashes if i toss it on the bed. It doesnt seem to flash now no matter how I shake it or hold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread