Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
"Pictures or it didn't happen!"

Classic  .JPG
GMZClassic  .JPG

I know they are not good pics, I don't care. Proving it happened...

Man, where the Hell have I been? This thing just works! Love it!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
"Pictures or it didn't happen!"

View attachment 597355 View attachment 597357

I know they are not good pics, I don't care. Proving it happened...

Man, where the Hell have I been? This thing just works! Love it!
The Classic looks great in GMZ! I just hope they have a black Classic available on the 21st when my points mature, I really want another one.

Reactions: gnees

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
The Classic looks great in GMZ! I just hope they have a black Classic available on the 21st when my points mature, I really want another one.
I hear ya! Thinking of picking up a black one (takes me back to the day ;)) in a couple of months.

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a classic, I have a 2.5. Wanted to get a backup 2.5 but I'm concerned the classic might not be as reliable long term with its self adjusting center pin? Also have read of some firmware bugs (eg voltage/wattage resetting when changing batteries).

Long term reliability is #1 being that I don't plan to make any more purchase from PA when the tax starts next month.

So if you were on a deserted island and we're offered a 2.5 or classic which would you take?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a classic, I have a 2.5. Wanted to get a backup 2.5 but I'm concerned the classic might not be as reliable long term with its self adjusting center pin? Also have read of some firmware bugs (eg voltage/wattage resetting when changing batteries).

Long term reliability is #1 being that I don't plan to make any more purchase from PA when the tax starts next month.

So if you were on a deserted island and we're offered a 2.5 or classic which would you take?
2.5 hands down, the o-ring is a concern for me long term, the fixed positive pin on the 2.5's has a very long track record.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
O ring is only in the classic? Is it not user replaceable?
All devices with the P3 threads have a center pin that has an
O-ring. There was a thread back aways where a member severed the o-ring using an attie with a long 510 connector, the member successfully replaced his o-ring. @coldgin96 posted the specs as to what size to get. Here you go : Center Pin O-Ring Radius

PS, I have a bag of o-rings in my parts bin ;)

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
All devices with the P3 threads have a center pin that has an
O-ring. There was a thread back aways where a member severed the o-ring using an attie with a long 510 connector, the member successfully replaced his o-ring. @coldgin96 posted the specs as to what size to get. Here you go : Center Pin O-Ring Radius

PS, I have a bag of o-rings in my parts bin ;)
Lol. Great minds think alike and, apparently, only seconds apart! ;)

Yeah, the very first week of Jackie using her Radius, I noticed the pin o ring was already splitting and changed it with a black buna ring.

Found out, ProVape picked the red silicone o ring over the black buna one because they liked the color better. Doesn't matter which one you use.

However, further research shows shelf life of buna is 8-10 years. Shelf life of silicone, unlimited.

http://www.sealanddesign.com/Public/files/O-Ring-Shelf-Life.pdf

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
@smokin95, I've got two Classics and both have performed perfectly in every regard, I have really come to like the menu on the Classic, there are way fewer button presses involved for checking ohms and power setting, it only takes two clicks. It is a solid mod, and offers a 4.5 amp limit vs the 3.5 amp limit of the 2.5. The menu has some cool customizing features in it and I do highly recommend it. I just feel it important to share my nits with devices no matter how small they may be.

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
@smokin95, I've got two Classics and both have performed perfectly in every regard, I have really come to like the menu on the Classic, there are way fewer button presses involved for checking ohms and power setting, it only takes two clicks. It is a solid mod, and offers a 4.5 amp limit vs the 3.5 amp limit of the 2.5. The menu has some cool customizing features in it and I do highly recommend it. I just feel it important to share my nits with devices no matter how small they may be.
Thanks yeah I really appreciate your quick responses between all the different provape thread I've posted in. If I didn't know any better I'd bet that you worked in provape custom service [emoji14]

I went ahead and ordered a classic. The VW and adjustable center pin being the main reasons as I have a few RBAs that won't ever sit flush with my 2.5. Plus the fact that I see my self purchasing another 2.5 at some point in the next few months, if I'm being real with myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread