Status
Not open for further replies.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
The decision really depends on how you like to vape. The Provari 1 has you limited to 3.7volts I believe. If you like vaping at 3.7 with some l.r carts, attys, etc... this will be fine. I personally have 2 Provari's. Having Variable Voltage opens up a whole new world for you. Some juices taste better with a higher ohm carto at higher volts. I dont know why.....The possibilities are endles with V.V. Since getting my Provari's I havent picked up any of my other devices. If it were me and I had the extra clams to spend, I would get the Provari. V.V just gives you more flexability. Good luck with your decision. Either way you are buying a top notch device! Let us know how it works out!!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I have an Altsmoke BB ( similar to the Provape1) and a Provari mini. The BB gets 3-4 hours of run time, the mini goes 6hrs with the 18350. The mini is almost identical in size to the BB, but gives me the option to run what atty I can get my hands on, not having to hunt down something special to suit the needs of the device.
My BB mainly collects dust right now, but it's not going anywhere! It's a rock solid backup device and I'm sure the Provape will be the same way!
Knowing what I know now, if I were to start all over again, I'd get the Provari mini, then see what comes down the pike to buy for a back up device in the future.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
i have both of them,,and plan to keep both of them till the day the die or i quit vapin !!!

provape is a good out and about device but battery life is limited to around 4 hours,so you will need a few to get through the day

provari ,you will most likely be good with just one spare battery for a day

either way?? you can't go wrong

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Have the Provari with extension cap and a BB. I absolutely love the Provari and it's ability to go over a full day on one battery, but it IS quite a load to carry around while out-and-about. I had begun to grab the BB for quick runs out-and-about. Would love a Mini Provari for those instances, but I couldn't justify another $200 + a set of new batteries at the present time.

My plan is to save up for the Mini to reward myself for my 1 year vapor anniversary this Spring.

I get along with my ex-wife, and she saw my BB over Christmas and offered to buy it from me. I couldn't let it go; she'll have to get her own (probably a pink one). I would imagine the BB and Provape are quite similar as they both use the 14500 battery.

To the OP, I say get a Mini with the extension cap. Get a set of batteries for each setup. With the extension cap its the exact same as the regular Provari. Then just carry an extra battery or two with you. Best of both worlds.

Then get the Provape-1 as a great backup device down the road. Safest mechanical mod on the planet.

Last edited:

Jim66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2012
Amherst, Ohio
I keep going back an forth on this. My 3rd choice keeps creeping back into this, which is the Legacy Mini with a kick. If I went that route it would give me be of both worlds, 3.7 volts if I choose or watts. I already have a Young June vv which I use daily. I guess I will do some more thinking.

I have the Provari mini, Provape 1, and a kicked Legacy.

There is not doubt the Provari is the choice here. I know some people hate the Provari and that's fine, but it is a superior PV and the variable voltage provides an excellent vape. I love the Provape 1. It looks and feels awesome. It's small too. But it is limited to 3.7v unregulated. That means as you use it the voltage output goes down more and more until it no longer fires the atty/carto. It just doesn't have the oomph needed to give MOST people a satisfying vape. I like it as a back up, but definitely not as a primary device. Battery life is short too. Now if you are one of those people that uses LR attys then perhaps the Provape 1 will do the job for you, but is it still limited.

The Legacy? Well, let's just say it's not my favorite device. It's made in the USA and it looks cool, but the bottom mounted button just isn't getting it done for me. Maybe you might like that, but I find it somewhat awkward to use. Also, as much as I LOVE the Kick (and I really do), it is limited due to the power requirements needed to make it work. Once it stops working, the battery might only be down to about 3.5 volts. I have had 3 Kicks and all of them start having consistent firing issues once the battery drops to those levels. In fact, it stops firing long before the battery stops firing in the Provari. A proper connection is also paramount. You will find yourself unscrewing the device's top cap over and over to get a better connection to make the Kick fire once again. Don't get me wrong, I use the Kick daily in my Bombshell Stinger and even in the Bolt. I even use the Legacy from time to time, but it is certainly not a primary device. One thing I really dislike about the Legacy is the use of coarse threads on both the bottom and top caps. These threads don't have the "grabbing effect" that fine threads offer and as such, the bottom cap has a tendency to unscrew when you are simply unscrewing the button lock. One final note about the Legacy. There is some fiddling necessary where the switch is concerned. Depending on the battery and whether or not the Kick is used, you may have to add or remove washers just to get it to fire. If you are not a fiddler, then stay away. I'm not saying it's difficult, but it is something you have to mess with.

Just some things to think about. Regardless of which you choose, they are all nice devices. You might want to actually consider a fully variable power/wattage device as it truly offers "set it and forget it" capabilities.

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
I have decided to order the Legacy. It just boiled down to vw in the end. I love both the ProVari and ProVape but I wanted watts. Hopefully either one will come out with it but for now I'll use the kick to control watts. I will pick up one of these, later this year or if I see a good deal in the classified. I wish one of them had the vw, ten it would have been a no brainier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread