Proteus list

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_godz

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
expat, Germany
+1 for no serials!

One way to keep only the best of serials is to have different engravings for Esterigon.

Our friend Runju noted couple of weeks ago that there were 16 different designs of GGTS. I really appreciate those threads that deal with measuring the wings, finding differences, how many were made etc...

So would it be possible to have 3?4?5? similar but slightly different engravings for esterigon?

This is were art is starting and serials are not needed! Maybe this is possible, maybe I have no clue about the engraver´s additionnal work load, and economies of scale in his business but given the number that are going to be sold.....I have good hope!

Enjoy your saturday:toast:

there is one more solution for esterigon. No serials

We started the serials before 4 years. Noone had serials on their mods until we started this procedure and then others followed. Maybe now we can make a GG mod that will not have any serials so all people will have the same priority

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
no way Stan because GG logo and name are patented finally
As for the serials they were never a good reason to make copiers not copy even them. If you remember well, someone made Ithaka copies with serials that started from 5000 when Ithaka was up to 7000 that time. They made a mess on Ithaka serials.
+ 1 on no serials , and equality for every user

but i would be a easy way for cloners to clone your mod- exept they never will do as precisioned and highly polished as you and your way of making GG´s

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I understand what you say about the holes on serials Otello. But we can produce the serials that people want and then we can produce the missing serials to the next batch of proteus
I start from the end: sorry Imeo, but I really don't like the idea of no serial at all for Esterigon; IMHO every GG should have its own serial making every unit unique.

I think the serial list for Proteus was a big mistake; Imeo found an acceptable solution for Proteus with 2 production runs, but not perfect; what I really dislike are "holes" in the numbers; a serial has a meaning if numbers are consecutive; for instance, a cool number like 2222, become ridicolous if the total production is only 2000 units; I hope everybody agree on this.
Anyway, I really hope Proteus list was the first and the LAST, and from now on Imeo will resume the "no reserved serials" policy, like it was for Ithaka, P2 and J-GG.

About custom engravings, I'd never put on one of my GGs an engraving made by a third party; just my opinion, anyway I'd want an engraving made with the same fonts, depth of engravings etc.
I'd really like if it could be possible to pay a reasonable surcharge (and maybe wait few more days for the shipping) for having your name/nick engraved after "to My Friend", but I understand perfectly this require extra organization and I will not complain if Imeo say "sorry I cannot".

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
very nice idea about different engravings blue and I have thought of that but we make copiers job very easy like this
+1 for no serials!

One way to keep only the best of serials is to have different engravings for Esterigon.

Our friend Runju noted couple of weeks ago that there were 16 different designs of GGTS. I really appreciate those threads that deal with measuring the wings, finding differences, how many were made etc...

So would it be possible to have 3?4?5? similar but slightly different engravings for esterigon?

This is were art is starting and serials are not needed! Maybe this is possible, maybe I have no clue about the engraver´s additionnal work load, and economies of scale in his business but given the number that are going to be sold.....I have good hope!

Enjoy your saturday:toast:

D Stanley Querfurth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Hannover, Germany
no way Stan because GG logo and name are patented finally....
Well done, i am happy for you, Golden Greek and most of all for us GG Owners !!!

As for the serials they were never a good reason to make copiers not copy even them. If you remember well, someone made Ithaka copies with serials that started from 5000 when Ithaka was up to 7000 that time. They made a mess on Ithaka serials.

...i don´t remember this.... maybe i forgot.....but

one more reason for Esterigon without serials !!!

p.s.: what about the no serial option for Proteus , i allready have registered for a serial, but for me it will be ok without. so when you make the preorder for registered serials, could you maybe add the option to get no serial ???

thx

Stan

blue_godz

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
expat, Germany
no way Stan because GG logo and name are patented finally

So let´s engrave the patent number on the esterigon to celebrate this event:D

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
there is one more solution for esterigon. No serials

We started the serials before 4 years. Noone had serials on their mods until we started this procedure and then others followed. Maybe now we can make a GG mod that will not have any serials so all people will have the same priority

+1 for Esterigon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread