Props to the e-cig pioneers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to give proper thanks to all those who came before us. Most posters are new vapers (1-4 months) with a few exceptions. I think about how all the e-cig users who came before us had to try to figure out on their own what went wrong when something didn't work. What does 10 blinks mean as opposed to 12? Do u charge it for 8 hours or 12 on the initial charge? How many ML at what strength equals how many analogs? Who the hell came up with the name "analogs"? LOL! who decided it was a "wick" instead of some polycotton batting or wool? How do you know if your atomizer is dead or just needs to be cleaned? etc.. etc... etc....

There are so many questions and so many answers on here and someone had to figure out all those answers on their own in order to share them.

This board made it so much easier for me to find the right product for me fast and easy and this is what helped me quit "analogs" :) I have found it so useful that I started writing it on the back of the PureSmoker.com cards I have been giving out so that people can "educate" themselves before buying and so they know what to buy when they order (how may of what and how much and what strength).

I just think it is really important to give props to people like Kate and Sun Vaporer and Leaford (also known as Leopold from now on lol!) and Parked and Dustin and Smokey Joe and Cashmere and Chris and Sean and Tropical Bob and Lu and Trog and all the others who take time out of their busy lives to help us newbies and I think we should all remember once we become "expert vapers" to return the favor and take some of the load off them by answering the questions of the next generation of e-smokers since the numbers will grow exponentially.

Pay it forward guys....

Props to all mentioned and the MANY who I know I forgot to mention!

You guys all rock.. pat yourselves on the back and know you are appreciated!

Spike

PS Is there a way we can make one post with a list of all or most of the products (e-cigs) on the market and which ones have what characteristics? Or even set up a poll for each type (or only the faves) of what type of smoker you were with analogs and what e-cig you find you prefer? That may help the newbies decide easier what will work best to replace their particular habit. I know it is hard cause different types of vapers get different results from the same e-cigs.. but maybe we could try? Maybe this is already somewhere... haven't seen it tho.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
(this should be the appreciation thread)

Right here with you Spike :)

My appreciation:
SJ
TB
Rach (dnakr)
Kate (smokinn nun)
Karen ... miss you :(
Shannon
Leaf
Dusty
Shawn
Mr Darcy (where ya been bud?)
Kit (although we had our runin's in the beginning ...miss ya bud)
DC
Emp
Tribal
Trog100 (the good ole' days)
Apostle
Ned
Naz

and you too spike :) Your vid was great!!!

And to all those I missed .... thanks :)

parked

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just wanted to give proper thanks to all those who came before us. Most posters are new vapers (1-4 months) with a few exceptions. I think about how all the e-cig users who came before us had to try to figure out on their own what went wrong when something didn't work. What does 10 blinks mean as opposed to 12? Do u charge it for 8 hours or 12 on the initial charge? How many ML at what strength equals how many analogs? Who the hell came up with the name "analogs"? LOL! who decided it was a "wick" instead of some polycotton batting or wool? How do you know if your atomizer is dead or just needs to be cleaned? etc.. etc... etc....

There are so many questions and so many answers on here and someone had to figure out all those answers on their own in order to share them.

This board made it so much easier for me to find the right product for me fast and easy and this is what helped me quit "analogs" :) I have found it so useful that I started writing it on the back of the PureSmoker.com cards I have been giving out so that people can "educate" themselves before buying and so they know what to buy when they order (how may of what and how much and what strength).

I just think it is really important to give props to people like Kate and Sun Vaporer and Leaford (also known as Leopold from now on lol!) and Parked and Dustin and Smokey Joe and Cashmere and Chris and Sean and Tropical Bob and Lu and Trog and all the others who take time out of their busy lives to help us newbies and I think we should all remember once we become "expert vapers" to return the favor and take some of the load off them by answering the questions of the next generation of e-smokers since the numbers will grow exponentially.

Pay it forward guys....

You guys all rock.. pat yourselves on the back and know you are appreciated!

Spike

PS Is there a way we can make one post with a list of all or most of the products (e-cigs) on the market and which ones have what characteristics? Or even set up a poll for each type (or only the faves) of what type of smoker you were with analogs and what e-cig you find you prefer? That may help the newbies decide easier what will work best to replace their particular habit. I know it is hard cause different types of vapers get different results from the same e-cigs.. but maybe we could try? Maybe this is already somewhere... haven't seen it tho.

Thanks for the Props Spikey :)

Thanks

Parked

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

Pay it forward guys....

Spike.

Thanks for the Props Sike--We all appreciate it and Thank You!!--
---Sun :thumb:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks Spikey! Actually, I myself feel like a newb in comparison to a lot of others here.....and sometimes feel like I'm still learning something new everyday too! Nothing beats experience in this business.

I still remember when I had to ask Kate what she meant by a "classic"....and now that's all I vape! LOL

I have to give props to the "oldsters" here too....and the video reviewers who provided invaluable information when I was trying to make decisions on devices. Hope they all keep up the good work for the "newer newbs" coming on board too.

And yes, that includes Leopold :lol:

Lu

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
My Appreciation:
  • SJ - goes without saying really
  • Kate - for caring
  • Kit - for being a bud and helping me out plenty of times
  • Tropical Bob - for keeping everyones feet on the ground
  • Cashmere - for being the most light hearted and amusing MOD i've ever seen on any forum
  • Trog100 - for telling it how it is and curing my ecig buying obsession
  • Dusty - for all those great helpfull vids and being a cool cat
  • Bastage - for his great modding
  • DC - for keeping all up to speed
  • Freddo and pakaday - for the great bulk order organising
  • EmpereorofIcecream - for being the wittiest poster on the forum (titty oil haha)

Bound to be more but those are the ones that readily come to mind.
Ofcourse 99% of users here post to help other members out one way or another...

Last edited:

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I was thinking about this yesterday. I remember when I first try to vap, it was December 2007. I could not get the piece of junk to work right. I was thinking if I only knew about this forum. I would not had to spend most of 2008 looking and spending money on other piece of junk e-cigs. I really wanted to give this e-cig thing a chance. I just didn't know how. I didn't have any knowledge and still learning. I was just plain stupid and now so thankful for the older e-vapers here. I would have been a older vaper now, if I could have had a good e-cig. Also if I know how to vape right,drip,fill carts, the list goes on. I could not vap right always cough,if I could get my piece of junk e-cig to work!! All this was in 2008. In December of 2008 finally found this forum and that is something to be thankful for. Thanks for all this help here and I know more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread