Proposed California law the first step towards e-cig prohibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert T. Tan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Illinois
www.vapor4life.com
This is not a click bait headline. A group of state Senators in California have drafted a ban on "flavored tobacco" that also hits e-cigs hard and would basically kill the vaping industry in the golden state.

A Moves Towards E-Cig Prohibition In California
California.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is not a click bait headline. A group of state Senators in California have drafted a ban on "flavored tobacco" that also hits e-cigs hard and would basically kill the vaping industry in the golden state.

A Moves Towards E-Cig Prohibition In California
California.jpg

The proposed Legislation being referred to is CA SB-38.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200SB38

And one that is not getting as much Media Splash, but is also something to watch, is CA SB-39

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200SB39

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you! I will add those links to the article. It looks like most secondary sources are combined both as one bill. I will have to go back and clarify that the signature verification is SB 39.

No problem Robert.

I have said Many Times here on the ECF that the Only Way we are going to reach a Significant amount of People, and or have Any Hope of "Holding the Line", is by Retailers/OEM's playing a Larger Role in getting information out. And to Help Vapers to become More Organized.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm surprised that the SF Chronicle didn't distinguish between the two bills. The signature one imposes serious obstacles to anyone who works, especially if the first bill passes. But that flavor ban bill is full-on cuckoo bananas.

I haven't read the SF Chronicle since I was in Santa Rosa doing my lower units. And that was a Long Time ago.

But as a general rule, I have found that Today, most CA Papers tend to downplay any Economic Impacts or Adverse Effects to business like this proposed legislation(s) will have.

And Focus more on tugging at Emotional Heartstrings or taking the "We Have to Save the Children" slant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread