Problems using a Tornado tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangelad

Aug 2, 2011
London
Hello,

I'm new to the whole vaping thing and have bought a Tornado tank, the first few times I used it I was getting something out when I exhaled and then it stopped, I took it to pieces, cleaned it (wiped it down) and made sure the atomiser wasn't blocked but still nothing, I tried a new cartidge with new fluid and still nothing, eventually I changed the atomiser and it started working again for about another 5 smokes and then nothing. I've charged it, changed the tank, cleaned it, changed the liquid, etc and it still seems to only work on an utterly random basis (I've tried changing the battery too). Am I missing something, is it me, is it the e-cig (it seems unlikely as I've tried replacing everything to no avail). Any tips, hints or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,

Me.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sounds like the juice isn't getting to the atty.

Take a very fine needle and gently slide it down the inside edge of the tube where the wick is located inside the T-atty. Just approx. 2-4 cm's. This has opened up a couple T-attys for me.

Add a drop of PGA to your juice mix to increase TH and keep T-atty happier.

My TW brand ones do draw a lot harder than others, so you might need to modify your draw, puff, draw, draw, puff etc.

I've switched to using my T-attys on VV mod and the extra power perks them right up to wonderful vaping.

Whatever batt you use, a low batt will kill the vapor production.

Also make certain that the little flap on the tank isn't in the way of the juice flow. Make certain you don't just tug it off or you won't have a good seal still (I snip mine carefully with a pair of thread snippers).

Last edited:

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Tanks work on negative pressure. If you suck through the mouthpiece it'll push some liquid into the atomiser.

Make sure you've left an air gap in the cartridge as well. If there isn't one it wont wick properly with too much pressure on it.

Leave the cartridge on the atomiser upright for a little while. The first fill is the worst one. Once there's liquid in there it'll perform better.

If you got all of your juice from TW then it's all PG. I'm pretty sure they have no VG in their liquids but some of their stuff is quite thick for pg. Their cappuccino was for sure in the titan range. You shouldn't be having wicking issues with the tank with pg based liquids.

Follow SuZamme's advice if leaving it time to soak in longer doesn't do anything for it. Check the flap on the cartridge, try making a small hole in the wick and make sure the tank is on all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread