Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I've got this weird issue with the Vapor Shark rDNA 40. I've got a Subtank Mini with nickel coils and it was working fine the very first time I put it on. Once I removed it, every time I putting it back on, I get the "check atomizer" error message. The Subtank Mini works fine on my SX Mini M Class (it detects fine) and other tanks with nickel coils work fine on the Vapor Shark, including another Subtank Mini. With that one Subtank Mini that doesn't seem to work, if I put it onto a 510 to eGo adapter, then it works fine on the Vapor Shark. I do notice by eyeing the 510 connector that this Subtank Mini looks like it is a hair longer than some of my other tanks. However, it is the same length as one of my Nautilus Minis and that tank works fine with the Vapor Shark. I've also tried backing out the Subtank Mini a bit by not screwing it down all the way and it still isn't detecting properly. Any idea what might be wrong with this thing?

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Sure sounds like 510 not making contact. Make sure the center pin on the Subtank is protruding slightly from the threads (you can gently pry it down with a jeweller's screwdriver). Also check that the spring loaded center pin on the rDNA is not stuck down (you can push it gently with the same screwdriver to make sure it moves).

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I checked both and they're fine. When I compare it to the non-nickel Subtank that does work on the rDNA40 (obviously without temp control), the 510 connectors look identical, same length, same amount of center pin protruding. When I first put the Subtank on the rDNA40 and it worked, I did notice that the coil read as 0.2 ohms, while on the SX Mini M Class it reads at around 0.14 or 0.15 ohms. Ever since then, when I had removed the Subtank from the rDNA40 to refill it, it never worked again on the rDNA40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread