Pro fesserer of Tobacco Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Nice to see a positive take on vaping in Rolling Stone Magazine. E-Cigs' Inconvenient Truth: It's Much Safer to Vape

I found this bit fascinating;
Stanton Glantz, a professor of tobacco control at the University of California in San Francisco, does not mince words when offering a rebuttal to the utopian promise of e-cigs. "Total bull....," he says.

I looked to see what a professor of tobacco control is and how one becomes one. Nope didn't find anything.
I also look to see what qualifications and training this professor of tobacco control had that would make him a professor of tobacco control. I discovered that Rin Tin Tin is as qualified as the Stan Glan.

Qualifications notwithstanding Stan Glan's reply is telling. We have a pooch pretending to be an expert tossing sound bites as empty as his soul. I can hardly wait for experts on both side to follow Stan Glans lead and call each other out with poopy bum names in the media. That is what science is after all right?

I really wonder about the Board of Trustees at the University of California harboring this miscreant.

I call, Stan Glan your total bull.... is total bull....!!!!!!! You are despicable.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Nice to see a positive take on vaping in Rolling Stone Magazine. E-Cigs' Inconvenient Truth: It's Much Safer to Vape

I looked to see what a professor of tobacco control is and how one becomes one. Nope didn't find anything.
I also look to see what qualifications and training this professor of tobacco control had that would make him a professor of tobacco control. I discovered that Rin Tin Tin is as qualified as the Stan Glan.

Qualifications notwithstanding Stan Glan's reply is telling. We have a pooch pretending to be an expert tossing sound bites as empty as his soul. I can hardly wait for experts on both side to follow Stan Glans lead and call each other out with poopy bum names in the media. That is what science is after all right?

I really wonder about the Board of Trustees at the University of California harboring this miscreant.

I call, Stan Glan your total bull.... is total bull....!!!!!!! You are despicable.

You can tell it's almost Christmas, because @Woofer is going easy on Stan. How very nice of you.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
My favorite Glantz quote from the piece would have to be

there is no doubt that electronic cigarettes are better than cigarettes

I'm sure - like one craftsman appreciating another - Glantz will appreciate how elegantly I distanced that quote from its context. :nun:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
My favorite Glantz quote from the piece would have to be

I'm sure - like one craftsman appreciating another - Glantz will appreciate how elegantly I distanced that quote from its context. :nun:

I'd love to see our side use (your version) of that quote in our campaigns. Like the NotBlowingSmoke campaign put that up in nice big letters on a screen, with his name underneath.

My favorite quote of his from the piece is:

I'll eat my shoe if that 95 percent figure turns out to be correct five years from now

I'm thinking 4.5 years from now, all us vapers could send him a pair of shoes made out of frosting (laced with diacetyl). Maybe he'll take a few selfies for us to make sure he follows through on his rhetoric.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida

Come on, RinTinTin is my pinup dog..

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I'm thinking 4.5 years from now, all us vapers could send him a pair of shoes made out of frosting (laced with diacetyl). Maybe he'll take a few selfies for us to make sure he follows through on his rhetoric.

Shoes made of frosting, you can tell it's almost Christmas, because @Jman8 is going easy on Stan. Seasons greetings :)

P.S. Does he get a weasel clause if the number is > 95%

First I would like to fill the shoe with actual bull****. And from the looks of him, he's not picky about he will eat.

:lol: Can I get an AMEN... You are in charge of shoes roxy! :D

Come on, RinTinTin is my pinup dog..

Rin Tin Tin is awesome, the other mutt, well...

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Oh, how about my old barn boots I wear to clean stalls? :)

There's a giant cattle farm up the road. I can handle both parts.

Excellent :) if you are out of chest waders. :lol:

I wonder if Stan has ever vaped just to see if it was as bad as he thinks it is... ? if he hasnt, then how does he know its a bad thing?? ;)

Easy, because he is a Pro fesserer of Tobacco Control and Rin Tin Tin is not. :(
He may have vaped once but he didn't inhale. ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'd love to see our side use (your version) of that quote in our campaigns. Like the NotBlowingSmoke campaign put that up in nice big letters on a screen, with his name underneath.

My favorite quote of his from the piece is:

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing him eat a shoe. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
@roxynoodle and @Marc411 you rock, thank you! :D

Andria In the meantime I'd like to bury a boot in his emm backyard. ;)

I'd just like to put him on an enforced 1000-calorie-a-day diet and see how he feels about doing without something he clearly loves far too much.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread