Premixed unflavored nic juice help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
Hello everyone.
i'm thinking of going the diy route but not from scratch. just the kind where you add flavor drops, steep, and done.
myfreedomsmokes has unflavored pg/vg nic juice but the lowest nic level is 24mg and i usually vape at 6mg - now i know there are calculators out there and i've looked at a few but from what i can tell those are for mixing nic plus pg/vg plus flavor to get a certain strength of nic. i haven't seen any that take into account a premixed nic pg/vg mix and wanting to get the nic level lower.
am i making any sense?
or would i just have to get the unflavored nic juice plus plain pg/vg and say mix 5ml of the 24mg with 15ml of plain pg/vg (no nic) for a total of 20ml 6mg nic pg/vg?
seems logical but i don't want to mess up.
any help is appreciated.
also if i've missed a calculator for just such a scenario, links?
thanks again

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
Here is a calculator that might help. I hope so. Good luck to you and welcome to the forum.

DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator

I hope I understood your question right. If not, I'm someone else will help you. That is just how ecf rolls. :)

thanks for your response but i don't think that's what i needed. i had actually seen that one in my quest to find my answers so i thought it was what i was looking for as well but i think it's about cost effectiveness.
i think.
anyway, thank you again for your response.

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
Here is a calculator that might help. I hope so. Good luck to you and welcome to the forum.

DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator

I hope I understood your question right. If not, I'm someone else will help you. That is just how ecf rolls. :)

i apologize rat2chat you were right. you understood me perfectly, i was in the wrong. after fiddling with it a bit it is exactly what i was looking for (i was inputting the wrong info and it was acting wonky but i got it now)
thank you so much!

Hermit

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
UK
... would i just have to get the unflavored nic juice plus plain pg/vg and say mix 5ml of the 24mg with 15ml of plain pg/vg (no nic) for a total of 20ml 6mg nic pg/vg?

Yes, you've got it right there. That's pretty much what I do - premix a base like that, and then add flavourings. I don't mind getting 5 to 10% less nic in the end, but you could mix with a little less PG/VG to counter that if you wanted (e.g. 5ml of 24mg/ml with 12.5ml of 0mg would have a bit under 7mg/ml ... 5/17.5*24=6.86).

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Inawera has a lot of different Bases (w/nicotine) heres a Power Smoke Base

VPG. Power Smoke - VPG. Power Smoke Base 6 100 ml -

Just add Flavor

It contains:

VPG. Power Smoke Base – 6 mg/ml. The base was made by mixing Eco-Base and Bio-Base.
45% Propylene glycol 1.2, 45% Vegetable glycerin, 10% deminarelized water, 0% Aromatic compounds, 6mg/ml nicotine.

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
Yes, you've got it right there. That's pretty much what I do - premix a base like that, and then add flavourings. I don't mind getting 5 to 10% less nic in the end, but you could mix with a little less PG/VG to counter that if you wanted (e.g. 5ml of 24mg/ml with 12.5ml of 0mg would have a bit under 7mg/ml ... 5/17.5*24=6.86).

good deal. thanks. i'm new to vaping but have already spent a bit of money on juices that have been pretty much hit or miss. mostly miss, so i look forward to maybe getting a juice right and then having the ability to make 100mls of it knowing it won't go to waste.
thanks!

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
good deal. thanks. i'm new to vaping but have already spent a bit of money on juices that have been pretty much hit or miss. mostly miss, so i look forward to maybe getting a juice right and then having the ability to make 100mls of it knowing it won't go to waste.
thanks!

Inawera has some great flavors and the InaweraShop Site has mixing recommendations.

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
Inawera has a lot of different Bases (w/nicotine) heres a Power Smoke Base

VPG. Power Smoke - VPG. Power Smoke Base 6 100 ml -

Just add Flavor

It contains:

VPG. Power Smoke Base – 6 mg/ml. The base was made by mixing Eco-Base and Bio-Base.
45% Propylene glycol 1.2, 45% Vegetable glycerin, 10% deminarelized water, 0% Aromatic compounds, 6mg/ml nicotine.
well that would simplify things but their shipping to the u.s. is almost 43 bucks for 2 liters. freedomsmokes is free shipping if you buy enough.
thanks though, i'm sure if i look around i could find a vendor that sells 6mg premix here in the u.s.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread