Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
So far I have recieved two differnt carts that were supposed to be "premium"....I think...not sure since there are no markings to tell. One box of CMF that was supposed to be premium....the difference....no inner silicone ring and the freaking cap is glued on!!! Plus the hole at the battery end is much smaller so none of my plugs will fit it if I do manage to get the cap off without ruining it to try and refill. Also...it burned out twice as fast...and when it went...it was ruined instantly. One hit was fine...the next one was smoke...literally. Pryed off the cap and it's burned out inside.

The other was a strawberry.....Cap came off easily but was twice as thick as the old one....and no second clear silicone seal. The atamizer wire is twice as long so it reaches all the way to the top of the cart as well as the filling. There is a tiny,tiny little piece of wicking material around the top curve of the wire which fell off as soon as I took the cap off. As for perfoemance I wouldn't know...it tasted so bad it immediatly got thrown in the boil out pot.

If your going to change a product and charge significantly more for it it would be real nice to put it one the website. Not all of us really care to spend a big chunk of time at this forum every day trying to ferret out information. Times are changing boys....the competition is getting fierce.......

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
They say premium carto on the website,and I truly havent seen any effort at competition from any other suppliers at all.Ive only seen standard kr8,and V4L.I also wouldnt call a $1 a big price increase for an improved cartomizer.I for one am very impressed that a small company like V4L would go to such efforts.I think that it will continue to improve until they get it right.Keep it up guys!!!!

gamblor

Feb 3, 2010
Lawrence, KS
If your going to change a product and charge significantly more for it it would be real nice to put it one the website. Not all of us really care to spend a big chunk of time at this forum every day trying to ferret out information. Times are changing boys....the competition is getting fierce.......

Significantly more? $0.19 per cart??? I would hate to eat dinner at your house...

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Why are there grumblings about the premium cartos that have no inner silicon seals? This is the second comment I've seen to that effect. Do you feel gypped and want a $.0001 discount to compensate for the "missing" seal?*

As far as I can tell, the premium cartos are a new design; they do not have or NEED the inner seals. The white cap is thicker, which I can easily live with, and some flavors have white caps that are impossible to remove without destroying them. The new cartos use more juice than the old ones because they are producing twice as much vapor. You just have to keep a closer eye on them.

*No discount because the extra glue costs $.0001. Sorry.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

When I placed my order Sunday, I had to click on the "Premium Cartz" button to get to the premiums.
The regular cartz are still available as well by clicking "Vapor King Cartz". So as far as I can tell, both options are available.
I don't have my "Premoz" yet so I can't comment on their performance.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
I removed one of the hard caps tonight. Not only did I not destroy it, I didn't damage it one bit.

Used one of these...

clipyd.jpg

I straighten out the handle about half way. Put one of the hook ends in the cap's hole, then used it as a pry bar (with the bent tip pointing up) and the cap just popped off.

The key is to "pry". Don't just try to yank the cap out.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Hi Lorikay. I've vaped many, many of the previous carts (very good), ordered and received a nice stock of premiums, and have using those for several days. The flavors are better - fuller and very tasty (have tried 5) - the vape is fat and lovely, and I've been pulling away very regularly at work all day and am just getting near my second cart of the day.
I've not gotten any duds nor have I heard anyone report a similar experience (we would) - but I'm sure that Steve will quickly replace any such anomalies. You don't need to threaten or anything here, things are really quite open.

The issue with those flavors that have unremovable caps has been addressed in the forum; many of us just use the condom method to top/refill (I immensely prefer that way anyway). You'd have to read about that one if you don't know it - not sure that any of us would know many tips beyond the very basics at all (for any brand) without resourcing the forums.

If you want to know about technical specs regarding the premiums you'd have to read that also, it's been discussed heavily during the past week in here. And I'm sure that someone who's not pooped from a 12 hour workday here will supply you with specific links. It might be a bit much to repeat it all in here just for you, but knowing this extremely helpful group, they just might. I understand that you'd like all of that explained on the website, but improvements at V4L seem to be a constantly evolving process, and now you've found your way here and might consider taking a deep breath and enjoying the good company and ready assistance. There's a reason for the popularity of these products - as fond as I am of the V4L line, for service, goods, attitude of vendor and support, I'm not slavish, and if I found a better one, I'd sadly and pleasantly bid farewell. Not many seem to.

As for how to tell the difference in the experience itself with the premiums, I'd be glad to volunteer for a blindfold test. Piece of cake.

I've tried liquids from other vendors, and some are quite nice, some very awful, and I've borrowed a friend's 501, and I doubt that any of us are unaware of the competition - we're an amiable, helpful and loyal bunch, but like you, we're not going to spend our hard-earned money on a product or a vendor that disappoints us or is overpriced. Overall, I very much prefer V4L (and did even before the great new carts, immensely). Cheers!

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I'd say it's a pretty big deal if you can't remove the white caps without destroying them. How are you supposed to refill carts?

There's an easy refill method using the rubber cartomizer condoms:

YouTube - A Great Way To Fill Cartomizers

Just fill the condom half way up with juice, and slowly push the mouth end of a carto down into it. Stop when the liquid starts to bubble up from the battery end. Easy, quick, and no mess.

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Florida
The V4L Premium Vapor King cartomizers are exclusive to V4L, (the construction of the cartomizer and the juice) I think it is a cross between a kr808 and a GC .. excellent vapor and flavor, last longer than a kr808 The only thing I feel would help would be to mark the Premium cartomizers so they can be easily distinguished IMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread