Prefer cartomizer or clearomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
I was thoroughly disappointed with my first cartomizers. They leaked and leaked and leaked. The leak happened at the threaded joint between the cart and the batty. It was impossible to tighten them enough, so I bought five, but gave up after trying two. I tossed them out. I had to put them on a napkin to absorb the leak. I could never carry them.

I just bought five clearomizers because I like the concept of visibly noting the liquid level. The results were "okay", not great, but okay. One oddity is that I can get a really good hit and lots of vapor one time, but never a second drag within a few seconds. It has to "wick" 10 seconds or so for the next hit. This might be because I use the somewhat thicker VG.

But I just bought 10 more cartomizers from another company, and they are fantastic! No leaks lots of liquid, and one hit after another.

So, I guess it really comes down to the quality of the device maker.

Any other opinions?

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
You might get better results posting this in the General forum above this one, instead of the general liquid discussion forum but thats o.k.

I just got some clearomizers today.. never tried a cartomizer. These leak bad when filling but once you get em filled and wipe the excess they don't leak. These are Diamond brand from GotVapes. I dont know about regular cartomizers but the coils in these are wrapped up in a filler material in the middle of the tube.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
My favorites are the following:

Boge LR and standard resistance cartomizers from greenhouseone.com. They are the cheapest I've found but they ship from China. About 3 weeks to wait on them. I buy 10 or so boxes at a time so it offsets the costs.

801 Fusion from ikenvape.com. Excellent smooth vaper. Nice TH and flavor is fantastic.

510 Mega LR and standard from ikenvape.com. Same as the fusions when it comes to vaper/flavor/TH production.

KR808D-1 Mega LR from ikenvape.com. If you like the 808's, you will love these. Nuf said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread