Precise ELA Telescoping MOD by Super-T Manufacturing PT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer196

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
Omg. I think that's it. I have been in need of a replacement compression band for my v1 ela and I think you are on to something. After you said that I did a quick search and think by the attached pic it can be done. Take off some material from the top and bottom and give it a gap. Imagine a copper compression band. There goes some voltage drop.
View attachment 405718

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I've actually been waiting to order a new Clcompression band to get some measurements. They're so close in shape I wonder if they would work as a replacment.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The new V2 compression bands don't wear out like the V1 due to being redesigned and larger. You can use a workhorse or ELV V2 compression band and ring together on a V1 if needed, the gap is a bit bigger, but works and has additional holding power and conductivity. We'll be putting up more spare parts again. (compression bands, compression rings, springs etc)

Last edited:

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
The new V2 compression bands don't wear out like the V1 due to being redesigned and larger. You can use a workhorse or ELV V2 compression band and ring together on a V1 if needed, the gap is a bit bigger, but works and has additional holding power and conductivity. We'll be putting up more spare parts again. (compression bands, compression rings, springs etc)

When you say gap do you mean the cut in the compression band or visibly externally on the ELA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Anyone know how long these orders take its been 9 days and I haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet I've emailed them couple of times with no reply

Sent from a cool but overpriced phone on TapaCrack at yo mama's house.
Hard saying. I don't expect my 1/16 order until sometime in February.
Try to sit tight and not think about it. You'll get the same perfect ELA as the first one made.
You have a fantastic username. :)

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Hard saying. I don't expect my 1/16 order until sometime in February.
Try to sit tight and not think about it. You'll get the same perfect ELA as the first one made.
You have a fantastic username. :)
Thank you!

So are they made to order or something? It said ships in 5 days on the site. I just rarely drop big $ on something.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Thank you!

So are they made to order or something? It said ships in 5 days on the site. I just rarely drop big $ on something.

Yes, pretty much. These units have probably been physically complete for some time, but the way Super-T has always worked is that each unit is then finished and assembled per order. And we're not talking any imperfections. It's a grueling experience.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Yes, pretty much. These units have probably been physically complete for some time, but the way Super-T has always worked is that each unit is then finished and assembled per order. And we're not talking any imperfections. It's a grueling experience.
It would just be nice to get a response to my emails. Quality doesn't mean everything. Customer service is a big deal to me. I once drove a pair of shoes to another state to help a customer so it means something to me. Just want an email.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Anyone know how long these orders take its been 9 days and I haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet I've emailed them couple of times with no reply

I'm a week behind on emails, will try to get caught up by weeks end on them. All orders are "built" to order. I'd estimate about 10 business days from date of order. For the most part, we ship them in the order they came in and we'll send you out tracking when it ships.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
I'm a week behind on emails, will try to get caught up by weeks end on them. All orders are "built" to order. I'd estimate about 10 business days from date of order. For the most part, we ship them in the order they came in and we'll send you out tracking when it ships.
Excellent! That's what I needed to know. I can wait, I just don't want to be in tue dark being this is my first order with you. thanks!

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
USPS has been having major issues as of late. I've seen several threads of people who never saw any tracking updates but their package arrived.
Given it was sent priority I believe, shoulda been here. Yeah I had a package coming from ca up here to Wa and it ended up over in Tennessee first. Sigh.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Its a solid and gorgeous piece for sure. Threads were a bit tight on the throw section, its possible it was cross threaded during assembly before it got to me. But I'm loving it. First authentic high end mechanical and I'm not disappointed. I LOVE the telescopic battery adjust. Makes it so Much easier to fit a battery. It takes SO much frustration out of building a setup. Feels solid and awesome on the hand. Smooth button. Surprised it wasn't a magnet firing mechanism but the spring is top quality heavy duty so I don't anticipate it being an issue. On yeah, very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread