Potential fix for dying manual buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rappel_Welch

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
South Carolina
I've read the books a couple of times. We purchased the audio books and listened to them with my son when he was old enough to appreciate them (and I was too lazy to read it all out loud). When the movies came out we had to go see them. My biggest disappointment was that they really cut out Tom Bombadil. He's one of my favorite characters.

I think I'd have to agree with keela on the living quarters; in the trees sounds much more appealing than underground to me.

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
... (unsure if he died there or was granted to be counted among the first born like Tuor was, Tolkien never says)...

I believe it may be in one of the books of Lost Tales that says Frodo lived out his days telling tales comfortably by the fire and was buried in the West. The pain never left him and he was granted the gift to pass on.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Snow sir, you are a great person. You gave away one of your first batts to a friend to get them into vaping, no greater gift is there than to help someone else. It's one of the many acts of kindness to your name sir. :)

Ms. Dawnsfolly, that was the belief of his son and was in the second lost tales book. Tolkien himself elluded to Frodo passing in Valinor, but also hinted that he or Bilbo were counted as first born taking one of the spots of Elrond's children..... It's the same debate with Gimli.... :)

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
My Paw-Paw was not much of a reader. Worked on the railroad all his life. He left me with a very nice tie clip. It's not much but it showed his second favorite thing in the world next to his family. I remember him every time I use it or see a train go by. He was a great man. Even went out on a joke the crazy bugger. He was in the hospital during the O.J. trial. When the verdict came in he said "That's it I'm outta here" and never woke up again. Crazy old man.

What a great exit! I don't think he was crazy, Who, I think he was smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread