Possesed eGo!? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Im not expecting help btw - Im sure all of you will be a perplexed as I am but..
my new eGo batt seems to play favorites with atties.
I own all JOYE atties and 2 BOGE 510 cartos - the eGo likes the cartos ( probably likes them more than I do lol) - it likes MOST of my atties but 2 of them, one of which I just opened (and which works perfectly on a 3.7v PT) it won't play with. I can't seem to get it to work on the eGo batt.
I've screwed it in TIGHT, a bit tight, looser, loose, falling out loose, but nada. It refuses to work. Stick on a 3.7 PT, no probs. Stick it on a reg 510 batt, issue-free. The threads are clean, the bottom is clean, the connector plate is clean.
I've been looking at the atties trying to work out if anything is different between them but Im stumped, they look exactly the same. They were bought at hte same place, same manuf.
ARGH.
This wouldnt matter except the one it hates the most is my fave flavor juice atty - the others have strong flavors in them that dripping isn't going to get rid of - and Im taking them all on vacation in 2 days time. Its a fairly trivial issue, but Im a bit nervous it wont work when I need it to, on other atties ( as spares aren't going to be able to be bought til Im back in the US. Anyone ever had this? Or is my eGo 'special' lol

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When I got my eGo I was very surprised at the difference of thread dept between the 2 batteries. One bottomed out when I screwed in a carto. The other didn't even come close.

Could be that the atty is not making contact with the center pole on the battery. At least that is what was going on with mine. Had to sand off about .015" of the ego battery to let the cartos make contact.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Actually ZoiD that did occur to me but as the atties are from teh same batch I didmised the idea. I dont have nay sanding equipmens for metal - I wonder if theres something I could ADD to help - maybe a tiny piece of tinfoil?

You don’t need any “Sanding Equipment” to do what I mentioned. In fact, I would highly recommend that you Don’t use any.

All you do is lay a piece of 220 sandpaper on a flat surface like a desk. Then you put the battery on the sandpaper and drag it to back and forth. Kinda like the way you use the eraser on the end of a pencil. The key is to keep the battery straight up and down when you do it. A right angle between the battery and the desk.

But you really need some accurate way of measuring the dept of the batter opening Before you start sanding. If you know anyone who knows how to use and has a Caliper or a dept gauge, you might ask them to measure your battery and then measure your carto.

When I measured mine, I found there was a .015” difference. So when I screwed in the carto, there was a .015” gap between the carto and the battery center pole.

A “quick and dirty” way to check is to screw the carto or atty into the battery one turn. Then hold it up to a light and watch the gap between the battery and the carto / atty get smaller as you screw it in. If there is a gap between the carto /atty when it will not turn anymore, you are bottomed out and should be making contact.

If there is no gap, then you might not be making contact.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I fixed it - I shoved it in HARD while turning and that seems to have worked lol
Now that's quick n dirty!

However if I get any further issues I'll do what you suggested - I do have sandpaper :)

Good deal. Sometimes you have to remind things just who is the Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread