• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pole Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndfourleafclover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
So I took the family out to the track for Pole Day. The weather was so great, and the new format for qualifying worked great. There were some fast cars and it made it very exciting. I ended up drinking a half a case of beer in the 4 hours we were there. And we got interviewed by a reporter and were published in the Indianapolis Star.

If anyone around central Indiana gets the Star, look in the Sunday Metro + State section and me and my family are in the top article. It continues onto page two where there is a picture of my wife and son.

It was my sons first time out at the track. He is only three so we didn't know how he was going to react to the cars being so loud, but he loved it. You couldn't ask for a three year old to act so perfect in a place with so much noise and confusion. But he was great. He loved the cars and all the people and everything.

I really will remember that weekend for the rest of my life.

ndfourleafclover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Very cool!!

Hope you took some pics too. That little Hoosier may become a racing nut and the proof of where it started will be fun. Heck, even if he can't tell a breaker bar from a torx driver it'll be good memories for you & the little lady.

We defiantly got some pictures. It was a really good time. I'm surprised he did as good as he did. We spent the two days prior to going explaining to him that they were going to be fast and loud and if he had any problems just to let us know and we would take a walk and look at some of the other stuff at the track. But he never complained once. Sat there the whole time and watched and cheered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread