Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Gawd! I am so sick of pod devices. A new one every frickin' day!

Hey, China, you wanna convert me to a pod system? Make one that takes 14500 batteries and comes with an rba. And some sort of universal pod that will fit more than one device... kinda like the 510 will fit different tanks on different mods. Then, and only then, will I consider a pod system.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Link to the annual @Shawn Hoefer pod hate topic from last year --> Try and change my mind... ;)

I'm tired of a lack of innovation, not choices. It's not just pods. To me, it seems like there's a new direct-to-lung atomizer every day.... and a new 3000W box mod that is almost the same as the previous model except it has a different shape that is trendy ...or a trendy resin inlay.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Hey, China, you wanna convert me to a pod system? Make one that takes 14500 batteries and comes with an RBA. And some sort of universal pod that will fit more than one device... kinda like the 510 will fit different tanks on different mods. Then, and only then, will I consider a pod system.

giphy (4).gif

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Then, and only then, will I consider a pod system.

You tell 'em Shawn...:headbang:

[Meanwhile...I'm going to slip two USB flash drive sized Justfog Minifits in my shirt pocket...and head out to enjoy an alcoholic beverage with a QUITE satisfying vape.]

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Is there a way to turn off that notification in the Products tab that appears every time a new one is released by any manufacturer? Frankly, I'd rather not know.

I never clicked on the products tab previously--haha! Just clicked on it and I see 99 mods and 23 pods.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Link to the annual @Shawn Hoefer pod hate topic from last year --> Try and change my mind... ;)

I'm tired of a lack of innovation, not choices. It's not just pods. To me, it seems like there's a new direct-to-lung atomizer every day.... and a new 3000W box mod that is almost the same as the previous model except it has a different shape that is trendy ...or a trendy resin inlay.

And you've got to buy it because they don't make the previous model any more.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Hey, China, you wanna convert me to a pod system? Make one that takes 14500 batteries and comes with an RBA. And some sort of universal pod that will fit more than one device... kinda like the 510 will fit different tanks on different mods. Then, and only then, will I consider a pod system.
Yeah, the whole pod thing is a bit like 2008-2010 all over again. People like reliability and interchangeability and freedom from closed systems that tend to go out of production at the drop of a hat. Protonated nicotine came along and everyone sees to have thought “the old days are back!”
No.
All the same forces still apply.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Jeeze Shawn.

What's the use of having Bandwagons if nobody jumps On Them?

;)

Reactions: HigherStateD

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Yup... still hatin' on 'em and ain't nobody changed my mind.

Boxes, though... sort of. I like some of the refinements I'm seeing in some boxes, and the move to more durable materials.

Tanks, though... you're dead on right, there. "Oh, look, we tweaked the airflow and added a color to the same damn thing you just bought. Now you need to buy it again to be trendy!"

I went into a B&M yesterday and the employee - he knows me quite well - asks "what ya looking for today?"

"I'm wanting to check out the Bulk RTA," says I.

"Huh. Haven't heard of that one." Futzes with smartphone for a minute, then looks up, "Yup. That's just like the last 12 RTAs."

We both had a laugh... but he didn't carry it, so...

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yup... still hatin' on 'em and ain't nobody changed my mind.

Boxes, though... sort of. I like some of the refinements I'm seeing in some boxes, and the move to more durable materials.

Tanks, though... you're dead on right, there. "Oh, look, we tweaked the airflow and added a color to the same damn thing you just bought. Now you need to buy it again to be trendy!"

I went into a B&M yesterday and the employee - he knows me quite well - asks "what ya looking for today?"

"I'm wanting to check out the Bulk RTA," says I.

"Huh. Haven't heard of that one." Futzes with smartphone for a minute, then looks up, "Yup. That's just like the last 12 RTAs."

We both had a laugh... but he didn't carry it, so...
Tech innovation is going slower. That’s how this sort of thing works. Mesh RDAs/RTAs are kind of a thing though if you like DL. Last longer, work better. Things are moving briskly on that front. At their heart though Attys just aren’t all that complicated. It’s not like a car engine that gets improved feature after improved feature. We’re not at the end yet though I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread