• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Please be respectful

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrior3995

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Saskatoon SK Canada
A post off THRA and yes I agree we need to watch what we say, the goal is to win some of these Bureaucrats votes over to our side of the arguement

It has come to our attention that some members may have sent some derogatory emails to Dipika Damerla over Bill 45. I do understand your frustration. However, please be respectful when dealing with these people. It does our cause great harm if you go off the deep end and start ranting and raving as we lose all credibility. We will need to work with these people to make changes to Bill 45, so please take a deep breath and review before you send something that is not so nice. Thx Waffles Jones

Unlike · · Share · 126

• You and 11 others like this.

[*]

View 3 more comments

[*]
    Remove
    Joe Vape Out of curiousity, how did this come to your attention ?
    4 hrs · Like

[*]
    Remove
    David Campbell I met with Dipika last week to discuss Bill 45. I found her resolute in her belief that the bill was helpful to Ontarians, but also open to discuss changes that would be of net benefit. We talked a lot about the impact of the bill on vape shops, the role of vape shops in tobacco harm reduction, and the right balance in terms of display/promotion restrictions. I believe the conversation was productive for three reasons:

1. I am a vaper with no financial interest in either side of the debate
    2. I mentioned that I avoided vaping in public places and agreed with indoor vaping bans with some restrictions (ie: vape shops, some long term care & psychiatric facilities, etc.)
    3. I approached the discussion as though we were on the same side. We both (all of us collectively) are looking to reduce tobacco consumption

It would not surprise me to find that ranting emails were doing damage to our argument. I'd echo the request that correspondence with her is factual, personal where possible, and always respectful.

Thanks, David
    2 hrs · Edited · Like

[*]
    Remove
    Gopal Bhatnagar I know deepika from well before. While agree that her heart is in the right place place her appreciation of the facts is distorted by a preformed opinion that anything that acts or looks like a combustible is harmful. She ignores evidence that contradicts her view and surrounds herself with those that support her view. I guess that's the norm for politics
    1 hr · Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread