Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Anyone have any experience with these folks?

Drip Tip Designz - Drip Tip Designz

I finally got one from them, a nice brass and stainless shorty, love it. Expensive little sucker. But well made.

I think wood and stainless would be great. Especially if they can make them to come apart and stack like those "lego" ones that someone made and those bamboo designs. I really would love to see some nice acrylics similar to the molehills but made in more traditional lengths and shapes, again is stackable styles with stainless would be amazing.

Maybe I need to get myself a lathe?

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Does anyone get a metal taste from any of those tips?

Nah, no metal taste. I typically boil and deep clean all my new tips to make sure there is no residual metal dust or machining oil.

The one above I was affraid to boil because of the wood, so I reamed it out with a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Does anyone get a metal taste from any of those tips?

Only if they have not been cleaned for a long time or if you dont clean them when you get them, most come in clean, but sometimes Ive gotten some that when you run a q-tip inside you get all this dark grime. Ive used cheap steel and they do have a taste, but good stainless has no taste. Im sure some people are more sensitive to stainless steel, so Im sure its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread