Pics of your EDC II

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Yeah, the Masada is just too big for conceal carry IWB. I could probably go 6 o'clock, but I really don't like carrying back there. Too uncomfortable when I'm driving. The grip is just too long on the Masada to conceal properly. It's an awesome duty weapon, but just a bit too big for conceal carry.
    Does your holster have a claw or wing option, I was really skeptical after hearing about them but when I purchased my latest holster it was a $5.00 addition so I thought what to heck why not give it a try, well I put the holster on with the claw attached and it sucked the grip right into my gut eliminating any printing but I have a somewhat well paid for belly and I had to actually dig my thumb into my side to get a good combat grip when drawing my firearm. It worked too well, it was comfortable but I didn't like the need to dig in my fat to find the grip of my pistol so I took it off, if you don't have a large midsection and your holster has that option you should check it out. You wouldn't think a little piece of plastic couldn't make that much of a difference but it really does.

20211222_080903.jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Any of you carry a Ridge wallet? What do you think of them?

I tried one but it didn't work for me. I tried a bunch of different ones actually, but I can assure you that the problem is much more with me than with them. I'm VERY funny about my "wallets", and keep reverting back to the truly absurd (but ultimately simple). I've been carrying this way (with variations) for 30-35 years now.

The Ridges are very well made. If it's adequate in what it holds, you might like it. My problem is that (for reasons even I can't explain), I insist on carrying more than I probably need at all times (that concept extends itself to other areas too - lol).

I also insist on carrying in my front left, so even the Ridge types turn out to be larger (and squarer) than I like.

That blue band (in the pic) is actually from one of the many wallets I tried. It's very strong and slips on and off easily, but never on its own. I've used many different things in that role, including ladies' hair ties and some really great pink rubber bands from Ruger (go figure!). Ruger was even nice enough to send me a bunch of them, simply because I asked.

I found some other good "minimalistic" ones on Amazon, but not that are perfect for me. Definitely some well made stuff though. I wish I wasn't so picky (and hardheaded). :blush:

In summary: I think Ridge makes some really nice stuff. I don't know if that's of any value but figured I'd share my opinion since you asked. :)

1679053043025.png

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    I've carried a wallet in my back pocket for decades. Between my Mil ID, 3 licenses (Drivers, Security and LTC) bank cards and a myriad of business cards I have doubts I'd like a Ridge wallet. I need to start thinking about a replacement as my current wallet is nearly 20 years old and showing its age.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I've carried a wallet in my back pocket for decades. Between my Mil ID, 3 licenses (Drivers, Security and LTC) bank cards and a myriad of business cards I have doubts I'd like a Ridge wallet. I need to start thinking about a replacement as my current wallet is nearly 20 years old and showing its age.
    I looked at Ridge wallets and passed.

Finding a decent comfortable wallet is a pain in the you-know-what. My longtime favorite, a thin bi-fold, wore out many years ago. Used to carry it in my back pocket.

Don't know where I found this one, it's cheap and nothing special, but it's perfect for front pocket carry. Holds the essentials. Closed it's only 12mm thick.
    IMG_1952.jpg

As you can see I've repaired it a couple times. You can see my lousy sewing job in the center where it folds but that has extended its life.
    IMG_1951.jpg

It's showing its age. I've been looking at thin bi-fold credit card style wallets to replace it with. Don't want anything thick. The search continues.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Pulled the trigger on one of these, too.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    OK. A quick update after a solid week of wearing this rig. Once you find a comfy position (I'm carrying at approximately 3:30-4:00), you hardly know the rig is in place. It really is a comfortable setup.

You can also adjust the cant if your pistol prints a little bit. I've got mine adjusted all the way forward.
    20230419_225623.jpg

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    OK, any of you drive a Tacoma? I'm looking for a secure method of installing a vault/safe without the need of resorting to cables. I'd much prefer to find something like I have in my Explorer (console vault), but I'm not finding much out there that would fill a similar role for the girlfriend's Tacoma.

Disregard. I blame my lack of Google Fu on the dire lack of caffeine this morning.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but what-the-heck...

Due to various life circumstances, I don't always want to fully holster-up, Basically, I'm not always wearing jeans or anything with a belt. If I'm only running out to a store, I really don't want to change into belted pants, but I did for a very long time.

Just wanting to wrap something on for a quick run here or there. Over the years, I've collected more than just a couple of belly-band holsters, most of which REALLY SUCK.

One that works for me is the alien Gear "Low" thingie (can't remember the name). It's the one with the Kydex holster attached. It's quite comfortable, but the Kydex part makes a bit more difficult during the summer. It prints easily if not wearing something fairly large, such as a hoodie or jacket or whatever. I RARELY use it in the summer since I'm usually in a golf shirt (or similar).

All that said, and even though I know better, I finally bit for one of those VNSH holsters that are advertised every 20 seconds on social media. I had to try it, and the return policy made it worth taking a chance.

I've been using it almost exclusively for the past 2-3 months. When the guy says it's the most comfortable holster ever, he's not kidding (at least in my opinion).

It's not perfect (nothing is), but it's great for how I sometimes prefer to carry. Anything elongated, I'm still belting up and going "traditional", but for a quick hop out, the VNSH is fantastic for me. The alien Gear one is beginning to get jealous though. ;)

They're supposedly coming out with a V2 sometime soon, which corrects a few little nagging issues, so it's probably worth waiting IF anyone's considering getting one. I won't be since my needs with it are simple. The current version works fine for me.

Every once in a great while, something advertised on social media works out. I still try to avoid most stuff, but this one was a hit for me.

Just like vaping, it's subjective. The right one is the one that you'll use, what-EVER that may be.

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but what-the-heck...

Due to various life circumstances, I don't always want to fully holster-up, Basically, I'm not always wearing jeans or anything with a belt. If I'm only running out to a store, I really don't want to change into belted pants, but I did for a very long time.

Just wanting to wrap something on for a quick run here or there. Over the years, I've collected more than just a couple of belly-band holsters, most of which REALLY SUCK.

One that works for me is the Alien Gear "Low" thingie (can't remember the name). It's the one with the Kydex holster attached. It's quite comfortable, but the Kydex part makes a bit more difficult during the summer. It prints easily if not wearing something fairly large, such as a hoodie or jacket or whatever. I RARELY use it in the summer since I'm usually in a golf shirt (or similar).

All that said, and even though I know better, I finally bit for one of those VNSH holsters that are advertised every 20 seconds on social media. I had to try it, and the return policy made it worth taking a chance.

I've been using it almost exclusively for the past 2-3 months. When the guy says it's the most comfortable holster ever, he's not kidding (at least in my opinion).

It's not perfect (nothing is), but it's great for how I sometimes prefer to carry. Anything elongated, I'm still belting up and going "traditional", but for a quick hop out, the VNSH is fantastic for me. The Alien Gear one is beginning to get jealous though. ;)

They're supposedly coming out with a V2 sometime soon, which corrects a few little nagging issues, so it's probably worth waiting IF anyone's considering getting one. I won't be since my needs with it are simple. The current version works fine for me.

Every once in a great while, something advertised on social media works out. I still try to avoid most stuff, but this one was a hit for me.

Just like vaping, it's subjective. The right one is the one that you'll use, what-EVER that may be.
    This sounds good do you have a link to the product page DP?

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Had Tony's review come before I got mine, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I'm actually glad that wasn't the case, and the "fix" turned out to be quite simple.

At least for me. A vaper once told me that taste is subjective (I still get a kick every time I type that). :greengrin:

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    I installed the console safe in my Explorer a couple of weeks ago. Once I figured out how the dang thing slid into the space, the actual setup was about 5 minutes. Pretty slick.

The safe showed up for the girlfriend's Tacoma yesterday and I'm about to head out to install the danged thing. This one's a little more involved as I have to dismantle the lid and unbolt the console to remove the shell before installing this thing.

For those of you that use something like this in your vehicles, do you also use the magnets to keep the firearm in a position that's easy to grab and off the bottom of the safe? I don't have anything else in there right now, but I do foresee tossing a few high value items in there as well when parked someplace that warrants such actions.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I still have serious mental issues with appendix carry. There's just something about the business end of the firearm pointing to a location you really don't want things pointed at. :shock:

I'll throw on the jeans thankyouverymuch. :lol:

I hear ya, and no, I never point anything "there". :laugh: The AG one is tilted to approx. 1100, and I usually use the VNSH at about 3-4(ish). Same spot I'd holster too, normally.

I installed the console safe in my Explorer a couple of weeks ago. Once I figured out how the dang thing slid into the space, the actual setup was about 5 minutes. Pretty slick.

The safe showed up for the girlfriend's Tacoma yesterday and I'm about to head out to install the danged thing. This one's a little more involved as I have to dismantle the lid and unbolt the console to remove the shell before installing this thing.

For those of you that use something like this in your vehicles, do you also use the magnets to keep the firearm in a position that's easy to grab and off the bottom of the safe? I don't have anything else in there right now, but I do foresee tossing a few high value items in there as well when parked someplace that warrants such actions.

I can't help you here. I never leave it in the car. Fortunately, I can make such decisions at this point of life. There's nowhere I need to go so badly that I'd do so unprepared these days. People are crazy (sadly).

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I came to post my new guns and the old thread is closed!

The first of my new guns is . . . . .

View attachment 946831

I haven't gone to the range yet with it. Ammo shortage and all that. I've bought a couple more too, and haven't shot any of them yet.

Soon . . . soon.
    @DancingHeretik - you haven't posted anywhere for quite awhile. But if you're still peeking in occasionally ... I don't know how I missed you restarting this thread a couple years back. You even 'pinged' me in the opening posts.

That said, the Sig P229 non-railed older version is the first pistol I ever bought and I still have it and it's still one of my favorites.

IMG_8604.jpeg

Last year I dressed it up with new grips.

IMG_8606.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread