Pico squeeze 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
From what I've read in the documentation, guides and personal experience with other things @AvaOrchid. You run NFE Tools when they've been extracted and then you should see an option to update firmware, then you can select the Artic Fox .bin firmware file to flash your mod with.

I'm sure those with more experience with NFE Tools could give you further information on tweaks to improve the performance, as it does allow device monitoring and tweaking of the performance a little like Evolv's Escribe software. So you can dial it into your preference.

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
No problems.

The only complain I have Is both the fire button and up and down buttons, up and down badly designed, fire button: sometimes if I press it in the wrong spot it doesn't fire, like it had a blind spot.
Few hours after I wrote that, the needle for the squonk bottle in my pico squeeze 2 fell off. Opened it up, the solder inside that held it in place broke...

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
or... it wasn't meant to be soldered together... looks like tere is too much solder there so the needle doesn't slide all the way up. It was a tiny bit wobbly when I got it but it's my first squonker so I assumed this was normal....

But that actually gives me an idea- maybe I could replace that bottle with a different one in the future? after finding a way of attaching it? hmmm

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@AvaOrchid, I can recommend the Ulton Taifun BTD clone. As it may be a perfect fit with the Pico Squeeze 2.

The only issue is that you need to replace the grub screws with some M2.5 × 4mm ones.

I just use simple round wire with mine and once I'd changed the screws it dramatically improved the performance, as the wire could be trapped properly and make a proper circuit.

• Optimistic

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
IIRC, Arctic Fox also has the ability to adjust the lights (Color, off, etc.). Mine is presently only on the White light so I can tell the level of liquid quickly. What I can't remember is if this left over from the stock Firmware adjustment.

I installed ArcticFox on two of seven Squeeze 2 and it is very EScribe like. Something I am well familiar with. And the forum did mention there will be some light control in the future. But I see nothing there. It lights up in white for a second or two when you fire by default and that is it. Can't turn it off, fade, change color or anything.

I am not sure why there is a power bank configuration in the menu on the mod. AFAIK you can't use a Squeeze 2 as a power bank. Well I went in there and I couldn't exit power bank mode. I couldn't power down or anything. So I had to remove the battery and the puff counter changed from 8170 to 47. Ouch!

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I think I need to take a picture and show you guys what I get when I download these arctic fox files I am computer illiterate like if it doesn't pop up as a usable interface I don't know what to do with it and none of these things make any sense to me I don't know one from the other it downloads like 13 different things so maybe if I take a picture of it someone can point to the thing that I'm supposed to do something. Like ecribe on the other hand has a very usable interface it's not just something in a file folder under downloads it's an actual program that I can use. And I've looked at tutorials and they are all start from an actual usable interface not 13 files of strangely named named things.

Apparently I can't even upload a picture of what I get but I guess it doesn't really matter because every single file has an error message when I click on it and it keeps trying to open the arctic fox version in Windows Media Player. I just don't understand how any of this can be used for anything. I mean when you download these things what do you do with them once they're in your folder? How does all this application extensions and config files apply to something that's actually usable? What is the world do I do with these 13 folders that come up under the NFEtools? How do I get to that interface screen that you can actually use like where is that

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
It lights up in white for a second or two when you fire by default and that is it. Can't turn it off, fade, change color or anything.
On the Pico itself, Go into Settings/Advanced/LED (can change from On/Off) This is with version 190624. I also don't see where the Pico has a color change, and it may not be available using NFE Tools either. Future option IIRC was mentioned in the forum, MayBe....

LED — backlight control for eGrip II/Light, eVic AIO, Pico RDTA, Sinuous P80 (Limited to White and On/Off) per forum at this time due to memory usage of FW.

For the Power Bank
Support for Avatar RC adapter and similar. Provides charging devices with a voltage of 5 volts and current up to 2.1 amps. To start charging, put RC adapter on box, connect device and press Fire button. Power Bank mode has auto-off feature when current drain is not exceed 50 mA (indicated by blinking label "On"). To stop charging, press Fire button. To exit Power Bank mode press and hold Fire button, or regulatory buttons simultaneously. (Never attempted but from GitHub documentation)

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Well I think I found the interface that everyone in the tutorials has but I think I'm dealing with more problems than that because the device is not recognized as being plugged in. Lol I think I need to just give up on this one LOL if it works great if it gives me a low battery then whatever maybe I'll buy another one because I really do like the form factor.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I know exactly what you are seeing AvaOrchid. And trust me I feel your pain. I know exactly what you should do, but I understand your frustration. That stuff inside of that NFE-Tools-v190703-21.46.zip file needs to go into a new folder somewhere. You can select one file inside and then select all by CTRL-A and all of them are highlighted. Then drag them to the new folder. If you have something like 7-zip installed, you can just right click and do this:

2020-07-12_165941.png

And that will do the same thing. Then run NToolbox.exe and wait for further instructions.

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Well I think I found the interface that everyone in the tutorials has but I think I'm dealing with more problems than that because the device is not recognized as being plugged in. Lol I think I need to just give up on this one LOL if it works great if it gives me a low battery then whatever maybe I'll buy another one because I really do like the form factor.

Once you have unzipped the nfe-tools-file.zip like in @BillW50 's post above:
    Pico squeeze 2

Go to that folder, and run the program NToolbox.exe
    Here's how to set it up from the NFE Tools Manual:
    installation 1.jpg

installation2.jpg

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Is it normal for it to constantly like have the screen go off and then on off and on while it's plugged into the USB? When I tried to do something with the little interface for Arctic fox it kept saying connected disconnected connected disconnected as the screen went on and off in the bottom left corner of the interface is that normal?

Thank you again everyone! Y'all have been so incredibly helpful and generous with your time and information!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @AvaOrchid, that sounds like an unstable connection as it shouldn't be connecting and disconnecting like that.

Here's a basic way to hopefully solve the issue.

1: Clean ports and cable connectors with an old dry toothbrush, try again to see if the problem still exists.

2: If problem still exists, try another cable.

Let us know how you go.

• Agree

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is it normal for it to constantly like have the screen go off and then on off and on while it's plugged into the USB? When I tried to do something with the little interface for Arctic fox it kept saying connected disconnected connected disconnected as the screen went on and off in the bottom left corner of the interface is that normal?

Thank you again everyone! Y'all have been so incredibly helpful and generous with your time and information!

Sounds like a defective or dirty USB port.

Or defective USB cable.

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Three different USB ports in 2 different computers and two different cords same result on off on off on off. And that was after I cleaned it with a dry toothbrush. So I'm thinking the USB port is wonky. Which basically eliminates the arctic fox idea. However I've been using nichrome coils which are not usually my favorite but I had a few of them laying around that I had pulled from different atomizers little bags. Initially when we had the problem I change the coil just in case and put in another coil that was different but was also nichrome. Anyhow I wanted to use temperature control to see if that changed anything so I used one of my stainless steel coils. Well since I've had the stainless steel in there I haven't experienced the low battery or any other alert. So while this has happened before where it stopped doing it for a while and then went back to doing it this is now been overnight again and all of this morning without a problem so while I have no earthly idea how in the hell nichrome could cause any problems especially two different nichrome coils... I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and if it's going to work then I'm pleased. Hopefully it doesn't break like last time right when I said it was working again it broke

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Interesting read. I have 3 Pico Squeeze 2's dating back to June 2018, never had any issues with mine and never updated their firmware (*).

They started life here running Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's running SS316L Mesh .12Ω-.15Ω builds @40W-80W; and starting late that year Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's running KA1 .18Ω or OFRF nexMESH .13Ω builds @35W-50W (all depending on DIY vaped and the builds according to my recorded build database).

(*) I did receive an early faulty S-2 mod that was replaced, but I can't remember "exactly" what the issue with it was for sure now (have too many mods).

S2x3.jpg

• Informative
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread