Phiniac tank refilling and best method of assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgatoenelsombrero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Gautier, MS
Hi there, I just received my first phiniac tank in the mail and I must say it is of *very* good quality so I'm happy with the purchase. What I would like to know is what is the easiest method of refilling the tank without flooding the carto in the process and losing alot of juice?

Also what is the best way of disassembling/assembling this tank? It seems so damn hard to take one of the caps off and to replace it, I know it needs to be a tight fit but my god it feels like one solid piece. Any advice would be welcomed.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
You don't refill by pulling either end cap off. Those should stay in place all the time.
When setting up a Phiniac tank for the first time. I dip a Q-tip in some juice and smear some juice around both 0-rings in both end caps, and all over the carto I am going to put in the tank. This helps it to slide into the tank better/easier, without hurting the 0-rings. It also helps if you get one of their tank filling tools (this will also ensure that the 0-rings are not pulled out of place)

As far as filling, I've heard where some people fill from the top, but I personally prefer (and think it's easier) to fill them from the bottom. Holding the tank upside down, I use the flat end of a butter knife and push in the threaded end of the carto, until I can get juice in. After putting juice in, I gently press the carto back into the tank by pressing it down on the countertop.

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
Houston, TX
Hi Elgato ... (cute! "The Cat in the Hat", if I remember my Spanish correctly)

I've got 2 Phiniac tanks and have been using them for some time now. LOVE 'em! Like Kay.1959, when I first got them unassembled is the only time both caps are off. I rub juice around the inner upper and lower parts of the tank (inside the tank), and use a Q-tip to also spread juice on the inner o-rings on top & bottom cap. Snap caps back on by first placing them at an angle to the tank, as opposed to putting the cap back on "straight".

I syringe fill my Boge carto like I would any other carto, and blow gently thru the top to get juice out of the center piece. Using a stainless steel Slap Yo Mama (SYM) multi-tool adapter, I put it on top of the filled Boge, and easily push it into the tank through the bottom cap ... and then on up a bit to the very top of the cap. Slides easily without tearing the inner o-rings. So with the SYM small end barely at the top cap, I then fill the tank about 7/8 of the way with juice .. push the carto all the way in from the bottom until the top of the Boge is even with the top of the cap ... remove the SYM and replace with my drip tip.

Some people take 3-4 dry hits on their pv ("vaping" without hitting the button) and THEN sit back and vape themselves silly. I don't bother with the dry hits! Once the whole thing is put together, I jump right in.

If you EVER have questions or problems with the Phiniac, Jennifer & Chris at Phiniac are THE BEST at helping ... and I know because I have pm'd Jennifer numerous times with questions. She has always answered thoroughly and promptly. LOVE those guys.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your Phiniac!

Jackie

elgatoenelsombrero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Gautier, MS
I appreciate all of the input, I will no longer be removing the end caps like you said. I am still having problems sliding cartos into the tanks, I'm tearing up orings left and right trying to force a carto in, I literally have to take the tank between both hands and try and muscle them in there. I know and realize that there needs to be an airtight seal as to not leak and cause the carto to flood but getting a carto in there and having to replace the orings after every carto change is just going to be a pain.

I did follow your instructions to swab it with juice before attempting it and its still tearing up the oring :( its a shame because I really love this tank, its superb quality.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I would suggest you buy Phiniac's tank tool. It's what? $4.00? Sometimes the cartos have rough edges on them, and this can tear up the 0-rings, or cause them to come out of their groove. Also, when I get a new tank, it IS difficult to get that first carto in, but after a few refills, it seems to loosen up some, and you're good to go! You shouldn't have to replace the 0-rings after every carto change. I've had my Phiniac tanks for a few months now, and have changed cartos in them about 4 times, and I have yet to need the extras that came with the tank. Hang in there! You'll get it! Just like everything else, there's a learning curve.:D

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
Houston, TX
I appreciate all of the input, I will no longer be removing the end caps like you said. I am still having problems sliding cartos into the tanks, I'm tearing up orings left and right trying to force a carto in, I literally have to take the tank between both hands and try and muscle them in there. I know and realize that there needs to be an airtight seal as to not leak and cause the carto to flood but getting a carto in there and having to replace the orings after every carto change is just going to be a pain.

I did follow your instructions to swab it with juice before attempting it and its still tearing up the oring :( its a shame because I really love this tank, its superb quality.

Well hon ... I suggest 2 ... no, wait ... THREE things:
1. First go to the Phiniac website and watch the video Chris does of putting the end caps on. That will give you a visual of what I was talking about.

2. Get the Slap Yo Mama adapter to insert cartos into the tank. Because it's made of SS, it will slide through nuch easier. I tried the plastic phiniac tool, but because it's plastic, it wouldn't slide through easily.

3. Send Moorea-Phiniac a pm asking for help. She & Chris walked me through numerous "noob" issues. They are very descriptive and always ready to help.

Main thing is: DON'T GIVE UP. This tank works superior to all the others. You just need help to get over the hump. You can always pm me, too, if you like.

Peace,
Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread