"Pheel" Busardo's Dimitris has a good interview (news article, positive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
For once, a positive news article about vaping.

'Vaper': E-cig users see them as a less-harmful alternative | timesfreepress.com

Ah, Chatty, the city of my heart. I cut my teeth there growing up. Wonderful city.

EDIT: To those in East Tennessee, or SE Tennessee, I highly encourage you to check out Vintage Vapors in East Ridge, Chattanooga, or Mountain Oak Vapors in Cleveland, Tennessee. Also, I urge you to join the Scenic City Vapers Forum on Facebook. My brothers and sisters in the South, although I am in Yankee-ville, my heart still beats southern. Visit and patronize these guys (mods ----- I am in no way, shape, form, function, or in any way conceivable attached to those vendors.)

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I can see why reporters target hipsters. Otherwise you might end up with Jo Schmoe. I tried to look up a Youtube link of an example, but I couldn't find any. But you know what I'm talking about. The news report has an intense topic and they cut to some knuckle-dragger coming out of Wal-Mart, and they say, "How do you feel about [fill in the blank]?" and you get a, "Uh..." followed by something usually shameful.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for posting this Rocket. That was a wonderful, inspiring, and unbiased human interest story. I hope more of these types of articles are done by the news media. Present the facts as they stand. No need for sensational headlines. Give us real, down to earth, people who were once smokers and have been successful in making a change in their life that will likely prolong their life.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Chatty's a tight city. Everybody knows everybody. Portofino's has been around a LOT longer than vaping has, and Dimitris -- as a business owner -- has some clout in the community (Chatty community, not vaping community). But he's not using it to bully anyone or push influence on people. People seek HIM out.

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    No, no, no, I had nothing to do with the article. I just grew up in Chattanooga as a teen/college student. I consider it "home". I went to Portofino's in the past and saw Dimitris in passing, but this was back in the early 2000's.

Here is a pic of the Vaping Greek:

1186076_10201209246086849_1974050438_n.jpg

One thing I will say: that's his wife. And she's drop-dead, speechless-creating gorgeous.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2010
    Midwest
    No, no, no, I had nothing to do with the article. I just grew up in Chattanooga as a teen/college student. I consider it "home". I went to Portofino's in the past and saw Dimitris in passing, but this was back in the early 2000's.

Here is a pic of the Vaping Greek:

View attachment 256482

One thing I will say: that's his wife. And she's drop-dead, speechless-creating gorgeous.
    1-FrogGlasses_zps79889f2f.gif

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2011
    Georgia
    Thanks for the kind words everyone and indeed I am a very lucky man. But back to the subject at hand. I think the reporter did a great job with the information I presented him. There are a few errors but nothing major to be concerned about for example I have been vaping for 3 years not 5 but no big deal, I think what needed to get out there is printed.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Thanks for the kind words everyone and indeed I am a very lucky man. But back to the subject at hand. I think the reporter did a great job with the information I presented him. There are a few errors but nothing major to be concerned about for example I have been vaping for 3 years not 5 but no big deal, I think what needed to get out there is printed.

Are you bringing that beautiful customized Rio to VaperCon?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread