PG Removes Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Maybe it is the PG or nic, or maybe it is the Everclear I clean my atties in.

I noticed some paint flaking off my 902. Of course I picked at it with my fingernail, and I really like the plain silver metal underneath.

What is a good way to remove all the paint from an e-cig without damaging it? And if I want to repaint them in cool colors, what kind of paint would be best?

~A

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
if there is even the smallest chip in the paint, for me usually from dropping it, boiling will remove paint from an atty. I assume other stuff could get under there too and cause it to peel. After that happened, I had to have a matching battery. :) there are two easy ways to do this that I know of. Acetone will remove the paint, but on a manual batt can be a problem as it will destroy the end cap and possibly (I haven't tried it) the button. I just got some fine wet/dry sand paper and sanded the batt. If you are going to do this be careful to sand around the batt, not along the length of it. The grain will show slightly, but not unattractive, so make sure you sand consistently in the same direction. If you have a dead atty or batt laying around, I recommend you try this first on that, so you know what it will look like first. You won't get a true mirror finish, but it looks better than a black batt/silver atty/black cart imo. Mine matched the atty from a distance, but I sanded the atty too because the finishes looked slightly different.
hth

JamesMods

Apr 12, 2010
Mobile, AL
I just recently purchased a 510, and was using a Vapor Kings before that. I was using a paint pen to mark my carts so I'd know what was in them. To my surprise, the paint would disolve and wear off in less than a day. IMHO, PG eats paint. Something else, did you know PG will catch fire? put a drop on a dish, and light it with a lighter. I found this out working on a DIY mod today!

-james

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
I just recently purchased a 510, and was using a Vapor Kings before that. I was using a paint pen to mark my carts so I'd know what was in them. To my surprise, the paint would disolve and wear off in less than a day. IMHO, PG eats paint. Something else, did you know PG will catch fire? put a drop on a dish, and light it with a lighter. I found this out working on a DIY mod today!

-james

Nicotine is flammable in raw form I believe I think that's why, also a Paint Pen isn't the same grade paint as say car paint so it would come off "especially on plastic nothing stays" pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread