Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I have an old penstyle charger that says:
input 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz
12-24v - .08A
output 4.2v - .12A

I just got a new charger from Beci along with his new manual penstyle batts. The new charger says:
input 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz
input 6-24v DC
output 4.2v - 200mA

When I put the batt in the new charger, it went green rather quickly (I thought they may have been precharged). I took the batt off of the new charger and put it on the old charger and the red light went on....like it wasn't fully charged (whereas on the other one, it did appear so).

So what's the deal? Is there that much of a difference that I should not use the old charger? The pen is working fine so appears fully charged. I am actually going to put them on the charger all night tonight but I was just anxious to try it.

Thanks!

Lu

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I have an old penstyle charger that says:
input 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz
12-24v - .08A
output 4.2v - .12A

I just got a new charger from Beci along with his new manual penstyle batts. The new charger says:
input 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz
input 6-24v DC
output 4.2v - 200mA

When I put the batt in the new charger, it went green rather quickly (I thought they may have been precharged). I took the batt off of the new charger and put it on the old charger and the red light went on....like it wasn't fully charged (whereas on the other one, it did appear so).

So what's the deal? Is there that much of a difference that I should not use the old charger? The pen is working fine so appears fully charged. I am actually going to put them on the charger all night tonight but I was just anxious to try it.

Thanks!

Lu

Sorry you haven't gotten any replies to your query ... and I'm afraid I can't help. I'd like to know myself. Maybe this unhelpful post of mine will bump the thread to the right people's attention.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks Don. I just went ahead and ordered a couple of new chargers. I was just worried about burning something out and since I don't know jack about battery voltage and all that, I thought I better ask.

But I still wonder why it was green on one and red on the other. Yeh, maybe someone will come along who might know. Now I'm just curious!

Thanks anyway!

Lu

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks Don. I just went ahead and ordered a couple of new chargers. I was just worried about burning something out and since I don't know jack about battery voltage and all that, I thought I better ask.

But I still wonder why it was green on one and red on the other. Yeh, maybe someone will come along who might know. Now I'm just curious!

Thanks anyway!

Lu

Lu--this happens to me with my chargers as well--the old ones. Some show green and then when I take the battery out and put it in a different one it would show red like it is not fully charged---I do not have to much confidence in the LED's on the chargers so I would not even give it a second thought.

Sun

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Lu--this happens to me with my chargers as well--the old ones. Some show green and then when I take the battery out and put it in a different one it would show red like it is not fully charged---I do not have to much confidence in the LED's on the chargers so I would not even give it a second thought.

Sun

I've found that my slower charger actually charges the battery slightly higher, about .15 volts. I don't know if that is a result of a slower trickle charge or two different voltage regulators settings -- or both.

Being that the LED is triggered off the internal regulator, we agree... the LEDs don't exactly instill confidence. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread