PCC Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
Well, I've seen in a video that some guy on youtube just had to push his battery down to charge it. even though my battery pushes down, it won't charge, so I guess I'll have to screw it in and then hit the button. More on that tomorrow when everything will be charged.

For those of you who have a PCC and mini auto batteries, you might have noticed that it's not that easy to screw them in the charging spot, because they are so short (it was way easier with my ProSmoke PCC).
Well to make it easier, when you open the PCC, you can see that thin piece of plastic contouring the edges. It's not as rubbery as the outside material, it basically just looks like normal plastic (duh).
Well, you can take a cutter and cut one third of the plastic off, near the charging spot. You can screw your batteries in much easier due to better acces and the PCC closes just as perfectly as before.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Interesting tip, thanks. Funny. I haven't used a PCC in so long that I didn't realize they went back to screwing it in. They used to be like that a couple of years ago but then changed to pushing it down. Sounds like its back to screwing it in - maybe that was because of the addition of the mini. I'm not sure. Being I'm helping MV on the forum now and because I've fallen out of touch with the PCC, I'll order a new PCC and a mini on my next order. Thanks again for the info and tip.

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
either that, or I'm too stupid to figure out how to push correctly... As I said, I haven't had the occasion to recharge a battery yet with the PCC, but that should be the case some time today. Either way, the minis are just so small that the plastic edge is still bothering.
All you need to pay attention to, is not to cut off the little dot on the side, this is what keeps the lid closed.

idx7ie.jpg

2llzzn9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread