PayPal Outage at least in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
As You may have noticed PayPal has a new design+look.

But it seems there were some "IT migration accidents" like database purges , (user or account status) data loss or corruption affecting payments (this morning there was a system maintenance notice) which made my yesterday's attempt to pay to china impossible and a real "PainPal" :-x

On shop link payment or money request I got such stupid system error messages like:
"Sorry — your last action could not be completed". :evil:

Support reaction is none or days later as usual.

I suggest all sellers not to rely on "PainPal" (Want to torture Your Customers?) or Credit Cards alone (Not used broad in Europe due to the accepted competition EC-debit card system),

Moneybookers is a fine and cheaper Payment-Agent, too, according to my experience. ;)
Although, PayPal is more secure using their "Security Key" (Hardware One-Time Password-Generator) Moneybookers has not invented so far:

http://www.vasco.com/products/digipass/digipass_go_range/digipass_go3.aspx

Last edited:

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a Harley motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was waiting for the service manager to take a look at his bike. The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, can I ask you a question?" The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and
asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its 'heart', take valves out, fix'em, put'em back in; and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a measly salary and you get the really big bucks when you and I are doing basically the same kind of work?"
The surgeon paused, smiled, leaned over and whispered to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running."

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
as far as i read googling about moneybookers,i wouldn't give them my glassperls.

I've payed a dozen times with Moneybookers to Tee Cee Trade NL without "PainPal".

Remember, Moneybookers uses Online-shop fraud preventing service partners like "Sofortüberweisung" (Germany) which provide insurance against fraudulent online shops,

PayPal does not provide any fraud insurance outside Ebay and even inside Ebay there's no guarantee, read the PayPal terms, the "PayPal Buyer Protection" is just a fake.

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
so what ? here in germany the banks warn about Sofortüberweisung.de. ask your own homebank in person.

Only the competiting "communist"- organized and fee-expensive Sparkasse & Co cause they want to push their own "Giropay" product which provides no insurance against fraudulent online shops, too.

"Ask Your bank" - Yeah, many asked their banks here and lost all with Lehmann Brothers and Hypo Real Estate :p

Banks never care about customers risk or risks of new technologies they always have pushed to the customers by their lawyers in terms&cons, especially in Germany with the since long security broken magnet cards EC debit cards system.

Last edited:

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
fee expensive ... moneybookers - fits :D

you really sound like an affiliate to moneybookers, i hope you get your share :lol:

Sir, this is not an acceptable debate habit, okay?

You're from the German forum, I know they were bashing sofortüberweisung.de there for no reason, You'll find the CEO of sofortüberweisung.de there in person or his posts.

Discuss Your issues with him, pls. I'm not associated to Moneybookers in any way and if You could read instead of spamming only You would have noticed that I've critizised MB for not securing account access and transfers with vasco devices in post #1, what's nothing for a "affiliate" to do.

Last edited:

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
i had spoken for sofortüberweisung in that forum you speak of i think,
but if they are really that affilate with moneybookers, i have to change my view.

and i am not from any special forum, i am member on many boards, not only and not most active on e-cig boards.

but what you did here is promoting the devil over beelzebub.

look again at your 1st post, please.

[edit]
what's nothing for a "affiliate" to do.

wrong, thats how it works today !

Last edited:

vaporich

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
www.vaporich.com
This paypal stuff is so confusing, it seems they are just randomly doing this to people.
Read some posts where suppliers have called in, and Paypal, says they have no problem with ecig suppliers, then there are some people that say they do have a problem
I think we are just better off to not use them, there isnt consensus on this yet. But, I know one thing, there customer service stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread