Patinos alien makers 28g

Mo Flava

May 7, 2022
@cambford91 I have seen other sliders like that but cannot remember who all makes them. If I find them, I'll let ya know. Meanwhile, check out N.devine83 on YouTube. He is great at teaching coil building. He will show you how to alien without those sliders. It's actually pretty simple. I have the same difficulty trying to clapton 3 or more cores, but no problem keeping them flat with aliens. The way that the decor wire wraps around the multi cores makes it stay flat, as long as the decor wire is stretched properly. Other than the extra step of making a decor, it's easier for me to make good multi core aliens than claptons.

Reactions: cambford91

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
Ah, you have to put it under a little tension to get it straight @cambford91 due to the gauge.

As it always wants to coil some as it's stored on spools.

The only thing I can think of is trawling Amazon and model engineering suppliers for ideas though for ideas of what may work for clamping and providing some tension.
Alrighty thanks for the info brother, I swear I've tried a hundred times. I can get going maybe a half and inch and before I know one folds under neath. Do you mean tension on the core wires or tension on the outter wire. Cuz I was think that maybe my problem. I don't put my drill in a vise or anything and it's hard to keep the cores pulled tight with my drill had as well as focus on the Clapton with my other hand.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
The core wires I can see as the worst @cambford91 , as those you really want to limit their movement as that'll make things considerably easier.

As for the wrapping wire, you could always use a trick from @MacTechVpr and use a pin vice or vices. They'll allow you to keep tension and give better control, so wrapping should be more uniform.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Thanks for the nod @Mordacai. I'm still training folks how to use the strain method of winding to optimize coil stability and performance. These days building the twisted-lead parallels I introduced sometime later. They are incredibly efficient and particularly clean remaining coherent through far more heat-cool cycles than any standard coil.

It's well worth it to spend a little time learning how to tension wind along with techniques for dry firing to oxidize these coils. The payoff is consistency of output and flavor production.

Still using what remains of my Nextel (ReadyXwick) ceramic wicking I recommended using with tensioned microcoils on the various squonk forums. The best of all worlds.

Take care all and have a great vape.

Good luck. :)

1685447659261.png

Twisted Lead Parallel

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Mordacai

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
use two 2x1 lego pieces as your clamp/slider
You sir are a certified coil wizard! Haha I got the Lego pieces in the mail and I wrapped the perfect 28 gauge triple fused Clapton's. It was as bout as easy as making a fused Clapton. Thanks so much man. I've tried every sso many things I finally gave up on em, but these worked like a charm

Users who are viewing this thread