• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Paganism... I think that's what I'd be considered as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I don't know what category I truly fall in... being born/raised as a Catholic (and a drop-out because I really disliked it) paganism is a term to describe a non-Christian belief system. I don't think that's accurate, but it's what I've been taught.

...but I know it's very Earth-bound. I believe in Karma so to speak because I see it daily. I've seen so many "friends" do something to truly harm me, and then later their lives are in complete shambles. Karma hits a person when they LEAST expect it which is why it is considered either an "ungodly miracle" or a b*tch. Karma is karma, and I let it do the judging.

Also, I believe that the Earth is a beautiful, vast jungle of lively things, but I don't think I worship the Earth, but revel in its beauty and do my best to respect and care for it. The water is living, the soil, rocks... everything has life to it. I don't know if I could be considered pagan, but I know I love this planet. Being a Taurus, I've always been bound to the Earth in one way or another. My absolute favorite element is water. I love swimming. I feel free, untouchable when I swim. I literally enjoy the water so much that I'll have purple lips from the cold temperatures because I love it that much!

Basically, I feel like I can be considered Pagan because I know Paganism is the root to many religions, but it is indigenous, and that is what I feel- I am connected to this Earth as though I was originally born in the times where Paganism was life itself, and most tribes, villages, and communities were Pagan. I am indigenous in mind, body, and spirit; I feel more connected to what the ancients have taught than what any Bible has "taught" me (which was almost nothing, to be quite honest)... To me, Paganism is the BEST example of real, true "religion" (I really don't like that word...) because we show the utmost respect to this Earth, but also to humans, even when some seem they don't deserve it. I never, ever judge. I let the lives of supposed "bad people" be their judgement.

Whether or not I could be considered Pagan, I know where I stand... and that is on the Earth: powerful, beautiful, and alive.

+Raynen

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Welcome to the ECF Pagan forum, Raynen. We're a quiet group, but there do seem to be quite a few of us at ECF. I dislike the word "religion", too. It has just been such a negative influence on humanity for the past few thousand years. "Spirituality" is a bit better, but still seems to imply something separate from everyday life, whereas my belief in and connection to that life spirit in everything is an integral part of my existence.

And, yeah, you sound pretty Pagan to me:)

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Merry Meet! Come over here and let us give you a big hug!!!!! (((Raynen)))

The great thing is that you can adapt and grow with variaous Pagan traditions from many cultures and there is no firm rule book. You don't have to be some particular type of Wiccan or Heathen or anything. You'll find your own path and Mother or Odin or Yggdrasil or etc. will assist your own energies guide you. -Magnus

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
Thank you all for accepting me with open arms :) I like knowing I'm not alone, which is a feeling that I'm sometimes too used to for one's sanity. :vapor: Well, it's great because we're Pagans, but we wouldn't have met if it wasn't for those stupid analogs! :laugh: Merry meet and let us just stay together strong because there is nothing stronger that deep-rooted tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread