P-10 battery life comparison ???....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bric

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Nanty Glo, PA USA
Hi all....

I'm looking to get my first mod. Seriously considering the Super T P-10 or a Puresmoker Icon in that order. I would also be using 808-901 3Ω cartos on top of it. Was concerned about battery life. I am reading alot of people seem to be unhappy with it just for that reason alone, but what I am wondering is if they might not be spoiled per se due to using larger mods with more capacity?

I am relatively new to vaping with only 6 mos. under my belt. I am currently using V4L KR808-d manual batts. in the reg. and xl sizes with cartos on top.

The reg batts are listed as 280-300 mah and the xl at 380 mah both at 3.7V. The regs seem to last me about 8 hrs total. The xls about 12-ish.... I use them at work and at home and I usually take 4-5 hits every 30-45 mins. I am very happy with the xl batt performance and I am not a chain vaper. I just think its time to upgrade...

All that being said, how would a V4L xl batt. at 380 mah compare to a P-10 using a 10440 batt. rated at 350 mah?? Just going by the numbers I should have very similar performance from both the P-10 and the V4L xl. But these 10440 batts have a really crappy reputation. Are they really that crappy or do people just expect too much from them???

I heard there will be a P-14 on the horizon?? I would like to see and possibly try one of those but I may not be able to wait....was never good at waiting. Anyone have any advice or opinions?? Thanks for looking!

Bric

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I now carry the IMR 10440, a little better choice. I haven't received a lot of feedback on it yet, but a couple of users have already reported they get longer life out of it. In an early post, someone posted they got about 3 hours out of it with moderate to heavy vaping. Also, AW is coming out with their own IMR which should give us yet more life over what is currently available. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 hours out of it.
Have you considered the Precise 16340, it's actually thinner then a couple of 14500 battery equipped mods on the market and quite a bit shorter then 14500 mods. Expect about 6-8 hours vape time on the 16340 AW.

Either way, P10 or P16, you won't be disappointed in the quality you are getting and the lifetime warranty is a bonus.

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
+1 for P16!!! :thumbs:

I just recently received mine and it's turning out to be my favorite PV ever! On a few occasions David stated that the P16 is his favorite from the three Precise models and now I understand why. It is really difficult to appreciate it for what it is until you hold it in your hand. And it's tinny, way smaller than I imagined it would be.

And btw, with your current vaping habits, taking 4-5 hits every 45 minutes with 3.0 ohm carto, I would not be surprised if the AW 16340 battery lasts you pretty much all day. I go through 5-6 ml per day when vaping at 3.7V with LR atty and the battery lasts me 6-7 hrs.

I don't own a P10 but simply based on what I do know, my vote is for the P16 for sure. Either way I'm confident you will be amazed with David's work as the rest of us are. Congrats on your future decision!

Bric

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Nanty Glo, PA USA
Have you considered the Precise 16340, it's actually thinner then a couple of 14500 battery equipped mods on the market and quite a bit shorter then 14500 mods.
Size and or thinness is a major consideration. Thats why a P-10 is the #1 possibility for an upgrade. My heavy cotton work shirts have a pencil pocket sewn right into them. This pocket is convenient and keeps the PV close to my body and protected. The V4L xl batt and carto fit nicely. The P-10 would be snug but still workable I think. The 16430 more than likely wouldn't fit...

Either way, P10 or P16, you won't be disappointed in the quality you are getting and the lifetime warranty is a bonus.
I work in a power plant fixing and operating some of the more expensive equipment. I work with machinists regularly and trust me when I say I know quality when I see it! It's the first reason why your product is in the #1 spot for my upgrade. But I also have to consider size and batt life into the equation....

David... You wouldn't happen to have a time frame for the P-14 would ya? Guess I could always buy a P-10 and then a P-14 when available....hehe

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Bric

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Nanty Glo, PA USA
Thanks for the vote of confidence Vaporologist!! I am going through a solid 3ml of juice a day between work and home. The V4L xl and my PT get me easily through a long day.

Pretty sure I'll upgrade with one of Davids offerings. I'm liking the materials used and the upscale look of these Precise models. And lets not forget....American made!!!

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
The 10440 gets a bad rap...JMO. I love my P10 and David is correct; it is, by far, the finest engineered mod on the market. The end caps fit almost seamlessly, the balance is superb, and the slightly narrower body gives you a touch reference. I get about 2-3 hours before it's time to change the battery. So what? I simply slip in another battery. Not every mod needs to big enough to club small animals.

I'm sure the Icon is a great mod and it's your decision, but there's simply nothing that compares to the Pxx line of mods.

*hint..hint*
help-1.gif
Can't wait for my P16 and P18 to get here and am looking forward to the new products that are coming out.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I love big battery mods, for vaping, not for carrying around. Plus my carry around eGos where starting to die. So I got a P10 after having experienced the P18. For a slim line mod I like it. I carry two extra batteries (IMR 10440) with me for the day. When in heavy use, like sitting around at my desk etc, I am getting almost three hours on a LR atomizer. With light use, as like working in the lab or when riding my motorcycle and only getting vape-breaks every hour, it will go the whole workday. I have not used it with a regular 510 atomizer extensively yet. Another plus, the 10440 batts charge fast, so I put an extra charger in my desk at work. Plus with a P10 the police officer actually believes you when you tell him its an electronic cigarette not a pipe bomb and you dont have to prove it to him!!! :) THe P10 has its place imo. Good luck with whatever your decision.

leroytwohawks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I own 2 P10's and actually traded off my P16 for one of them. I just like the small size of the P10 I go through around 3ml of juice a day and am using a 306 LR atty, I can get up to 4hrs on a battery, sometimes longer!!! That's using the UltraFires. I'm waiting for my new switch to see how long I'll get from the IMR's and AW battery's I have now. One other thing I found is with the P10 is you don't have to worry as much about what direction the button is facing when you press it as the recess seems smaller and the horns on the side don't get in the way of engaging it. With the P16 I had to be more conscious of the button position.

Just my:2c:,
Kevin

Last edited:

rockkato

Aug 22, 2010
Fort Lee, NJ
I have a P10 and a P116... I received my new switch and 4 IMR 10440 batts today from Super T. I usually go with LR 1.5 (or so) 510 Attys and have gone back and forth between the P16 and P10 w/ IMRs using the same atty all day today to compare and I have to say, The P10 upgraded is awesome! It equals the power hits I have gotten used to with the P16 and the ultrafire 10440's just never quite matched up to. I am looking at my comp right now and realizing I am 3 hours in on this battery and they seem pretty solid still.

Hats off, and Cheers David!

Bric

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Nanty Glo, PA USA
Thanks for the advice, opinions, and experiences guys. I really appreciate it!!

I am going to TRY and hold off a little while longer and let the VK batts performance drop off before I upgrade. I'm not real good at waiting so I'll probably be ordering a P-10 in the near future..... Once again, thanks for the help guys!

Bri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread